Home Technical Talk

Max 9, setting own hotkeys

MrColossal
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MrColossal polycounter lvl 18
Hey there, so I've been lurking on this forum for about 2 years now and I've never posted. And now here I am not posting art but posting for help. I really need your brains now because I am at the verge of destroying the world.

So I just installed Max9 at work. The only thing I added to it at the time was Orionflame 2.0 and I think MegaInstance. Oh and SP2. I want to set a hotkey for connect and connect with dialog when working in edit poly.

I'd like connect to be ctrl+shift+E and connect with dialog to be ctrl+shift+W. No matter what I do I can only get max to recognize connect without dialog. I have tried everything, turning off all other hotkeys, turning on that little keyboard override button that I have no idea what it is, resetting to max default, bringing in my max8 keyboard settings [I was told of all things the keyboard settings should work!]. Short of uninstalling and reinstalling or deleting EVERY shortcut from the list and starting over... I am at a loss.

Any help would be appreciated because I've tried for days now and have not gotten any headway.

Also, if anyone knows why hitting the "play" shortcut key '/' would cause max to crash EVERYTIME, that'd be cool to learn too!

Hooray for expensive programs!
Eric

Replies