Home Technical Talk

Questionnaire for game artists

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Yozora polycounter lvl 11
Hi I'm a university student studying games design and for one of my projects I have chosen to research the character creation process used by game artists.
This short questionnaire is about the limitations of the games you have worked on or are currently working on right now.

I know the usual "how many polys" questions are usually responded by a "it depends..." and I've found a very long thread on beyond3d forums that discuss the number of polys that many models use in a list of games, but I also need to know the texture size and limits that are typically used too which isnt in their list (which can be found here http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=43975).

If you have the spare time could you copy this questionnaire and send the answers to ukchichiri@hotmail.com, it would be greatly appreciated!
Or if you prefer you could just post a reply to this thread. I'm sorry if someone has already done a similar questionnaire but if there is then can you please be kind enough to show me a link to it.

(for the number of textures you could say something like 2* 256x256 diffuse, 1*256x256 alpha for example)
(the "other limitations" bit could be something like in Quake III, where character models are divided into 3 sections - head, torso, legs)

If you have done work for multiple companies/games or made multiple characters then can you just copy/paste another questionnaire and fill it up please

Occupation/Company:
Game Title/Year:
Game character:
Polygon Limit:
Number of textures and types:
Other limitations:

Any other comments/advice is welcome

Replies