Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Dark Revelations Team, looking for Modeler

n321
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
n321 polycounter lvl 17
Hello,

I represent a team called R.I.P. Entertainment. We are currently working on our first project together as a team called Dark Revelations. Dark Revelations is an advanced Quake 3 engine total conversion using a highly modified Quake 3 engine based off of the Xreal conversion. The game will be a full single player game with RPG/FPS gameplay and an in depth story line. Our engine is about complete, our programmer (Dairyman) has implemented the SP (RPG/FPS) features to the Xreal source to create an engine capable of most of the same features as the Doom 3 engine. (Including scripted events and RPG style conversation system)

Our team consists of a well known quake 3 programmer, a texture artist/mapper, a concept artist, a high-poly modeler, an audio artist, and a few other skilled developers. We are currently in development of the needed game media. I have created and have had donated a full set of high-poly models for our weapon set and am now creating character models based off of our concept media. I am now looking for a willing person to join our team who would be able to rig and animate the created models for use in game. The models would need to be rigged and animated according to Doom 3 (md5) standards. Also the person could be asked to work on the creation some low-poly models to be used in game.

I am currently the only modeler in the team. I am also the co-lead developer of the game as well as the audio artist (and I am working on some textures and helping with maps). Because of the many tasks I have on my plate I am looking for more help in these areas. As the game is (as of now) not going to be sold the person would have to work for free. We are currently looking into adding our SP code to an engine that is not open source so there is the possibility that the game could turn to small time commercial direction. Our team is also making plans for future projects once Dark Revelations is complete that will be small time commercial.

Dark Revelations is an ambitious project but our current team is highly talented and capable. Also the game is planned to be fairly short for now and our more ambitious ideas have been put off until the game is completed.

If you are interested in joining the team or would like more info please post here or at our forums http://chili.planetquake.gamespy.com/forum/index.php you may also email me at nickgamb (at) gmail.com

Thank you for your time

~n321