• Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    that is awesome.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thats amazing, even the second time around. PSST MoP posted it on the 13th in the stickied Thread of Awesomeness...

I wonder if they took sand from the beach when they did the explosions.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yarr, this is in the Thread of Awesomeness.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yarr, this is in the Thread of Awesomeness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh sorry about that. I must have missed it. My bad. i know a lot of people don't check that thread out so I figured I would post it here.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    its in there twice laugh.gif amazing work, i'd love to eat their brains for the knowledge
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    compositing isn't that hard, if you have the right shots, it's pretty easy to put the final shot together.

I did comp for a couple tv cartoons for a year. There's a few spots where you can tell they've layered different shots together because the perspective doesn't line up, or they've just put too much junk on the beach so you can see the perspective not quite working or just a bit too much lens/motion blur here and there.

All you need in those shots (exactly what they did with the green screen) is a clear, clean edge, they basically used the sky in some shots instead of needing a green screen. And they used the screens in shots where they had too much color variation to do a clean cut.

And the rest in aftereffects or other off the shelf software, just comes together like a photoshop file with layers.

Greenscreen is pretty easy now anyways, it's just magic wand selection/deletes with a bit of cleanup involved.

But for 4 days 3 guys and probably a few hundred bucks, they got themselves a pretty good production.