Home General Discussion

Animex / Polycount Meet up

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Showster polycounter lvl 18
Anyone in here going to animex this year?

I've managed to squeeze 3 days off work to attend woo. Heres a list of workshops if anyones interested, there going very cheap!

http://animex.tees.ac.uk/events_workshops.cfm

Replies

• Mongrelman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, went two years ago (when I was at Teesside) and really enjoyed it. Went to the "anatomy for artists" workshop by Stuart Sumida which was fantastic (sadly it seems he's not there this year).

Would like to go again but not sure where I'd stay :/ . Will see if some folk from work are up for going, t'would be nice to go again.
  • Flynny
    Offline / Send Message
    Flynny polycounter lvl 9
    Dammit, I only just found out about it ;( wanted to go this years animation 1 ;( tis fully booked.
  • Showster
    Offline / Send Message
    Showster polycounter lvl 18
    Shame frown.gif, I just got my tickets through the post. Going for the game bits and a workshop missing the animation though.

You can get a direct train from Manchester to middlesborough if you just wanted to do like a day visit.
  • FAT_CAP
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    I actually ended up getting a free ticket to this from work and went on the first day of the games bit. Overall it was really good with lots of passionate people speaking about the industry.

I would have liked it if it was a bit more indepth and technical as some of the speakers (most notabley the RARE talk which I had gone down specificaly to see) was quite student focused and "wishy-washy"... I wanna see all the secret stuff from behind the scenes dammit!