Home General Discussion

SUPARBAWLS!!!! PACK VRS PATS

Yesterdays game showed that neither the chargers nor the colts are healthy or good enough to off the pats.

Also the giants have to come to Green Bay, if the pack plays half as good as they did against seatle(spoting them 14 and still winning 42-20) they'll win.

So pack vrs pats!
Now i'm not gonna go out on a limb and say the pack will beat the pats, but how fucking awesome would that be? Favre going back one last time to knock off those arrogant pricks? haha YES.

Also, Owens is a roided up little bitch:
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d805f77ba

Replies

• Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I must have forgot I lived in wisconsin this weekend, because I made the mistake of going to Buffalo Wild Wings during a packers game.

Oh god... Never gain.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    RYAN FUCKING GRANT IS A MONSTER!!!!

080112packers280.jpg

Man oh man that was awesome.

Let's go Packers...

T.O. has always been emotional...
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    [ QUOTE ]

080112packers280.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

have they crossed it with ice hockey now? That might be worth a watch. If they took off all the nancy-boy armour
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Giants and Colts would be fun. I'd like to see a Manning bowl. But I think it's gonna be Pats vs. [insert Superbowl losing team].
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Seattle made me cry. ::frowny-face::
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    Why do we have to look at that picture...why why why?! frown.gif
    Maybe they should have eaten more brats, beer and cheese to be heartier for the frozen tundra of lambeau.

I just want the pats to go undefeated so the damn '72 Dolphins can shut up, sick of having to listen to them everytime someone gets close.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    What's this football thing I keep hearing about?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's like playing in a fucking snow globe.

eb8fe15c-b98b-46bf-b43b-b062b6c932be.jpg
    32d770a8-aac9-4342-954b-f34a88c9bef2.jpg
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    FUCK THE PATRIOTS!

No one gave the Chargers a chance at ALL to beat the Colts, but they went into the Dome and beat them in just about every part of the game. Mind you, LT was out the second half, and Rivers was out the entire 4th quarter.

Sure you can say that the Chargers are too banged up to win in NE next week, but I guarantee you that Rivers and LT will be out there on that field playing. Rivers has been playing with a bum knee the whole year but he hasn't played any better in his career then he is now. The depth and talent that the Chargers have on their rosters allow them to overcome injuries.

I'm not saying the Chargers are going to win next week, but they have a pretty good shot.

KC_colts120.jpg

NL_ChargerFans281643x002.jpg
    BOLT PRIDE
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I must have forgot I lived in wisconsin this weekend, because I made the mistake of going to Buffalo Wild Wings during a packers game.

Oh god... Never gain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha yeah Slum, the weather was ridiculous up here and packer fans a plenty... I went to the dump bar near our office to pick up my tab that I forgot the night before and it was a catastrophe of snow and packer fans everywhere (not sure which there was more of).

I don't care who goes all the way as long as it's not the pats... fuck those cheating bastards!
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would love to see that Pats win just so the 72 Phins and Don Shula would shut up. Plus that would be a monumental thing to witness.

I have seen the Red Sox win 2 world Series in my lifetime and being from New England that is a huge thing.

As for cheating. Meh... I can say a lot of teams do that sort of thing they just don't get caught.

It will be two good games this weekend.

Striff.. The chargers have always played the colts good. It's crazy how the Colts can't beat them for the most part.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I just realized that the Chargers won. Sucks LT and Brees left the game though.

Edit: Brees should be Rivers. All QBs look the same.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I just realized that the Chargers won. Sucks LT and Brees left the game though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drew Brees left the game over a year ago...He plays for the Saints now...I think you meant Philip Rivers good sir.
  • masterofbater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    masterofbater polycounter lvl 17
    GO CHARGERS!!!
    n packers next if chargers can't beat pats...

DUDE.. i thought chargers were done for when LT and Rivers got taken out. Indy Sd game was intense!

i just hope someone takes out NE... them fuckers don't need another superbowl win!
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    I certainly agree Jesse with how it'd be impressive to see such a blowout... but if a guy gets caught robbing a grocery store is he any less accountable for his actions because others get away with doing it all the time?

You shun the people either way, but getting caught is proof that they committed the action. Thinking that everyone else does it is merely assumptions (though very likely and plausible assumptions so I understand what you're saying).

Losing first round draft pick and $750,000 dollars certainly isn't a punishment that would set an example toward good sportsmanship... it's something that many teams would give up to know what the other team is going to do next.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm not saying the Chargers are going to win next week, but they have a pretty good shot...

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
  • Rob Galanakis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's to the Giants victory next week and then a blowout loss against the Pats in the superbowl...
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    I am so sick of TV commentators talking about how the Pats are the "best team ever." They're in the top ten, but they lucked into 3 of their wins this year. The Ravens one in particular. I want nothing more than to see those arrogant assholes get taken out of the playoffs.

The Chargers have a shot, but it will take somebody with a great defense to beat the Pats. So yeah, GO PACK!
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I am so sick of TV commentators talking about how the Pats are the "best team ever." They're in the top ten, but they lucked into 3 of their wins this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, it is all about perception, because I would say that 3 teams lucked their way into <u>almost</u> beating the Pats this year wink.gif

I am not a fan, but they are a damn good team.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    doc_rob - the pats are arrogant assholes because tv commentators are calling them the best team ever?

one big drawback of living around boston is that i just don't hear enough about the patriots. or the redsox.
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    Well, the skins are out so I'm rooting for anyone that can beat the damn Pats. I'd like to see old man Favre get another though.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No matter how you look at it. The Pats are good and probably are one of the best teams in football. If they weren't good they wouldn't have won all these games.

They find ways to win because they don't give up and they play every down and that is what is making them the team they are.

No one can deny that they have quite the little dynasty going. Just like the Cowboys in the early 90s. Hell you could even say the Bills as well. They went to the Super Bowl 4 years in a row. Lost all 4 of them but they were still a good team.

As far as Favre goes anyone that has ever watched him play since he was a rookie can see a new way and style of play in him this year. He isn't taking all those hot shot hell with it gambles that he was known for. He has become a pretty precision guy and I think is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

They have a really young team and they have gone 13-3 this year with a team that was just horrible last year. I look forward to them whipping the Giants ass this weekend and moving on to the Super Bowl.

GO CHEESEHEADS....
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AZ - Did you watch the Baltimore game? There were two game-ending plays in a row that got reversed (one because the Ravens coach called a late time out, the next because of a BS penalty). The only reason that the Pats got through the Baltimore D is because they effectively got 5 or 6 downs for each ten yards.

Sec, they're arrogant because they do things like going for it on fourth down in games they've already won by 30 points. They act like the other team is their own personal practice squad in those situations. That's just poor sportsmanship.

That's nothing to do with the comentators - they're just typical TV guys who focus too much on quaterbacks. The Pats aren't even as good as the '91 Redskins, let alone several other all time great teams.

I think they're probably the best in the league this year, and they'll probably win the super bowl. . . I just get tired of all the hype.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I'd think it was more arrogant if they stopped bothering to play because they've already won.

But I've always wanted every team to go for it on the fourth. I hate watching them punt it away. You can be sure I don't pull that shit in my electronic footballs video entertainments.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Pats aren't better than the 91 Skins? What? Thats like saying Joe Namath would be an amazing quarterback in the league today. The sport has evolved greatly since 91. Guys are faster now. Everyone in general is faster. The 91 Skins were good but comparing Tom Brady multiple mvp winner, Randy Moss and other players from the Pats to the likes of guys like Mark Rypien, Ricky Ervings, Earnest Byner... These guys had what 1 good season or two? Mark Rypien... What happened to that guy? And let's face it they faced the Bills that choked 4 years in a row.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Defense, brother. Defense.
  • Striff
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Don't think Boston fans are arrogant?

Read this - http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2008/01/14/taking_in_the_trash/

[/ QUOTE ]

Striff thats a stupid reporter. Come on. I lived in San Diego. Padres and Charger fans can be some of the most arrogant and obnoxious folk I have ever witnessed.

Every fan is a jerk when it comes to their team. Boston and New England fans should be proud. The Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots are all amazingly bad ass teams this year.

Who shouldn't be proud of that. I'll take Tom Brady and the Pats over Shawn "Roid Rage" Merriman and the Bolts any day.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    I think the Pack should handle the Giants. If San Diego were healthy, they'd put up a good battle against the Pats. But with the number of injuries that they have, I don't think that they can do it.

It should be a fun Superbowl, watching two Hall of Fame quarterbacks just slinging that thing around.

Oh, and I agree that Ryan Grant is an absolute monster. My poor small and speedy Seahawk defense didn't stand a chance against that big back and the Packers powerful O line on that ice rink that they were playing on.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I'm in mourning for the hawks.
  • EarthQuake
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Sweet! Go Packers!
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    AZ - Did you watch the Baltimore game? There were two game-ending plays in a row that got reversed (one because the Ravens coach called a late time out, the next because of a BS penalty).

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt, Baltimore outplayed NE the entire game, and if not for a downright bizzarre set of circumstances, the Pats would have lost to a team missing half of it's starting lineup, for that matter.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well it was a good run San Diego. Have a good off season.

Now time for the game i've been waiting for all week. Let's go Green Bay.
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    haha. Chargers. Always out to disapoint. Ya my city sucks at sports =(
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chargers beat themselves. Pretty bad play calling in the red zone, also doesn't help having the #1 RB in the league sit on the sidelines in the biggest game of his life. I thought LT was "90%" according to him...guess we know that he doesn't have a heart.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I thought LT was "90%" according to him...guess we know that he doesn't have a heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

The game announcers said it was the coach's decision not to play him.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well the Pats will be there but the Packers won't.

Who would have thought the Giants of all teams would make it to the Super Bowl.

What the hell.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Crazy game. smile.gif The Giants kept the game close when they faced the Pats in the regular season. We'll see how it goes in the Superbowl. Personally, I hope the Pats win. I'm sick of hearing about the 72 Dolphins.
  • Rob Galanakis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKK YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    nice game. brady ftl
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    God Damn it. Fail Patriots. You failed. Now we have to fucking listen to Don Shula talk about how great the 72 Dolphins are.

God I hate New York teams.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Spite win! Sweet!
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome game, pretty friggin intense.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    That was pretty exciting, my first football game and my team wins, rawk!
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    Go Giants! Unfortunately though this just gives football fans more excuse to yip about the '72 Dolphins.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really glad the giants pulled out the win. Now i can say "Atleast the packers lost to the team that won the superbowl." =D

GREAT GAME, best superbowl i've seen in YEARS.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Boring as hell until the last ten minutes!