Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Werewolf

This is a quick werewolf I've been working on since last night. I'm working on this for a mod I hope I can get in on this quarter.

Dog5copy.jpg

I'm having trouble with his left arm (our right); I had it in another pose and this proved better, though I think I'm having trouble with keeping the fingers the same size as the other set.

I've also been thinking about something that might make this guy more appealing. I was thinking about slightly futuristic armor on the shoulders or down the arms somewhere.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Looks good so far, but i think you should do a lot of sketches to really fine tune your design. Make him meaner. Nice start, though.
  • Rayne13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah he looks like he wants a hug. smile.gif
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    my first reaction is that he appears off-balance, bringing out HIS right leg more should help. HIS left arm sucks for the lack of a more polite way of putting it, sorry, i don't want to offend you my brain is tired is all, i'd try again and use a new pose for it, it gives the figure a "swatted fly" look, try to play off the placement of his other arm.

-kp
  • Ziodyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, awesome! I love were-beasties!

Out of curiosity, what is your mood for this guy? Is he a huggable werewolf, or a monster?

He looks more like one of those cute Halloween monsters at the moment, instead of the "RAAAAR, I EAT JOO" werewolves from the horror flicks. I'm getting this based on how round his ears and nose are; looks more like a puppy then a full grown wolf.
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    [ QUOTE ]
    This is a quick werewolf I've been working on since last night. I'm working on this for a mod I hope I can get in on this quarter.

Dog5copy.jpg

I'm having trouble with his left arm (our right); I had it in another pose and this proved better, though I think I'm having trouble with keeping the fingers the same size as the other set.

I've also been thinking about something that might make this guy more appealing. I was thinking about slightly futuristic armor on the shoulders or down the arms somewhere.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your concept a lot, I'm doing something similar for a uni project. Don't go overboard with the armor cause werewolves are supposed to really agile and stuff.

Shoulderpads and a bit of chestplate armor is what I went for.

http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php...true#Post249932