Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Experimentalist Character Artist: Jinian Demo Reel

Jinian
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Jinian polycounter lvl 18
Hi,

I'd like to showcase my recently completed demo reel.

>> MY DEMO REEL <<

(right-click to save target as)

Please feel free to visit :

MY WEBSITE

MY CG PORTFOLIO

I am a freelance character artist specializing in the modeling and texturing of both low res and hi-res characters, environments and any other visual asset. I have over 2 years work experience and have contributed 3d art and texture painting to more than 5 animated features and/or tv shows. I am now available for hire.

Feel free to contact me at 3d47jin@vfs.com for any comments and suggestions apart from consulting me for hire.

Here are some samples of my work:

[img]http://student.vfs.com/~3d47jin/clutch pose.jpg[/img]

DKbeautyrender.jpg

alien.jpg

alien_textureflat.jpg

POA_thade.jpg

tsokoy_midshot.jpg

Bedroom_render.jpg

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Did you... did you delete the last thread you made exactly like this because you didn't like our comments?
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    Same comments apply:

I would kill the animation on the Alien in your reel. I’m sorry, but animation isn't your strong point at the moment so I wouldn't show it. Your reel would be stronger without it. Additionally, I would take out your reference shots for the demon. It's too jarring and creates confusion. Just give credit at the end of the reel. Oh and name your reel with your name. Many people who would file you away for future work may overlook your reel if it is just called “Demoreel”.

I have to agree about your website. It looks very amateurish at the moment and is very off-putting. You might have the best work in the world but I’d never make it to it because your website is repelling.

That might sound harsh but I’m only saying it because your work shows a lot of promise. These things might seam minor but looking professional in all aspects of your presentation will go a long way to get you business.

Good luck!

- BoBo
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    tsokoy_midshot.jpg gave me really good mood! smile.gif
    thank you.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    I am not sure why you created a second thread for this, but I am closing this one. I will also bump your old thread that is still available to the top of the heap.
This discussion has been closed.