Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

my first go at zbrush

HEx
HEx
hello all!
Just decided to learn zbrush and i had a first go at it today!
baron.jpg
tell me what you think!

I wanted to make eyes but i couldn't figure out how to add balls without fusing it with the head, or making a big ball over it. I didn't really understand how to move the ball arround either.

Replies

• ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    Interesting style, is he an evil scientist or something?

There are lots of way to add eyeballs to him, you could make some spheres and move them around with the transpose tool or import the eyes into Zbrush from another 3d program.
  • fogmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fogmann polycounter lvl 17
    Nice shapes! The exaggeration adds quite a bit of character, me likes. But I wouldn't say you're done yet, you should keep going, and add some more definition to the forms, revisit the ears and try to make the hairs look more interesting.

As for the eyeballs, as ironbearxl said, you can append an eyeball sphere as a subtool to your mesh, and then use transpose tools to size it and position it, but you will need to convert the sphere to polymesh3D first (click on MakePolyMesh3d with sphere selected as your tool, and then append this polymesh to the head as subtool). The neat trick you can do to make the symmetrical eyeballs is to clone the eyeball you positioned and resized by prssing clone on top of the tools panel with your eyeball selected in subtool section, then append the cloned sphere as another subtool, and with it selected, use deformation > mirror in tool panel and you'll have two identical eyeballs.
  • HEx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx
    Thanks!
    hehe i know, i would'nt say it's finnishd either. But it was something i squezed out of my mind wile playing arround with the program for 2 houers. I figured that the character was something like "the evil barron" or scientist.. dont really matter. i would like to make a high collar aka 19th century style... and a monokle maybe... and some eyebrows.

As for the eyeballs, i haven't understodd how to seperate or move arround the diffrent tools, it either gets 1 big ball over the whole head wich i can't move, and / or it just gets a ball stuck at the eye area which i can't edit. And i did try to import some eyes, though they got inverted in zbrush for some reason (and i can't get them univerted even if re-export them), and they got misplaced. It's really hard to aim for the eye sockets in maya when you have no idea where they are.