Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Possible paid position and asking for your input.

Hi everyone!

We are considering the possibility of offering paid freelance work to 3d artists who are looking at making some cash on the side.

(On a side note there is also a position for paid full time contract work that may become available. I'll post in the paid job postings when I know for sure.)

About us and the work that would be required:

The company is relatively new; about five years now and the product line recently opened last December.

We develop animated 3d cards and avatars for 3gp cellphones and sell them to customers through various carriers. Right now we need the ability to quickly generate more content.

Our website is www.vidiator.com and you can also check out our work at

http://www.vidiavatar.net/xmweb/att.html

The models are anything from 200-2k polys with enough blend shapes to allow the models to talk and with some emotion and a rig for the head to rotate(if necessary) There can also be animation included. Currently we use 3dstudio max and Photoshop to create the avatars.

Primarily, we need to make the cards and avatars as appealing as possible to our costumers.

Also:

We are exploring the idea of having artists submit models or painted avatars in a revenue sharing deal so they would receive a percentage of the profits generated and allow the artists to have their work viewed by a large audience.

We are not sure yet if this is going to happen yet, but we would really like to ask all of you for thoughts and opinions on this subject. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Or if you are interested in applying for contract or freelance work please send an email to either KellyM@vidiator.com me NeilB@vidiator.com with your resume and a link to your portfolio.

Many thanks!

-Neil