Home Technical Talk

Max 2008 Edit UVW Hotkeys

Ott
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Ott polycounter lvl 13
Anyone know why my hotkeys in the Edit UVW window aren't working anymore in Max 2008? Move, rotate, and scale suddenly do nothing.

I've checked them in the Customize > Customize User Interface and they are set properly (Texture vertex move, rotate scale - just like old times) but when I have the Edit UVW window open and I press the buttons, it doesn't do anything.

I believe they were working fine a day or so ago...now...no dice. Anyone know what could be up?

Replies

• frubes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think you have probably pressed the shortcut for the "Keyboard Shortcut Override Toggle". I cant for the life of me remember what the key bind is for this but you can reactivate it again at the top of the screen. The button is located next to the snap selection toggles like angle snap etc. Looks like a little keyboard button with a "T" on it. Activate it again and your shortcuts should again work in 2008. Finally they have added the sub object selections to the quad menus i noticed!
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Or a cheap shot way to reset that would be going into your preference folder in the drive its installed and delete the preferences.