Home General Discussion

Polycount UT3 pack. Yay or Nay?

Replies

• Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Why not just go the Q2PMP route? Wait for Polycounters to make stuff, then put it together and upload it in a collection someplace?

The Neverwinter Nights mod scene (which is apparently freakin' huge -- who knew?), has/had something called the Community Expansion Pack or somesuch, which was an after-the-fact gathering of random work that random people did. Like most compilations, I guess, but more official-sounding. As I understand it, the only hierarchy involved in the CEP in particular was in the team gathering and editing things together. Every other individual or team was its own entity, working for itself.

That seems the safest way to go. Polycounters could make stuff on their own, and Polycount itself would go all Q2PMP/CEP on whatever its members happen to produce, without any of that nasty compromise or coordination that saps our wills to live.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Just as a side note, anyone here had any experience creating vehicles / vehicle-related stuff with the new engine yet? I'd be kinda interested in cutting my teeth on 'next gen modelling' with a UT3 vehicle, but I don't have as much time as I used to in order to relearn the vehicle creation.
  • dom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dom polycounter lvl 18