Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Seeking player model for UT2K4

Hey there,

I'm sure you guys are sick and tired of these things, but the fact of the matter is I don't even know where to begin with modeling, I tried Milkshape and couldn't even figure out how to start a new file. It's just infinitely more complex than mapping for a nine-year-old game that uses a horribly obsolete engine.

I'm a bit of an artist, and I've created an alien race I frequently write about and draw pictures of (or render in Hammer -- yes, I use HL1's map editor for art) and I've always wanted to see them come to life in one form or another.

What spurred me to come here, is I attempted something similar to this a few years ago on this site and people expressed interest, but backed off because of the race's logo I had chosen (the Half-Life lambda), and stated they needed more than just a frontal view. The race in question has evolved quite a bit since then, and I feel that now they would fit nicely into a game such as UT2K4 or even UT3 (although I'd have to buy the latter).

So, I submit for review, the frontal, side and rear views of an RX7 Powered Combat Armor Suit, and request that it be rendered as a player model in UT2K4.

Know this: I'm currently between jobs and flat broke, so this is strictly voluntary.

RX7 PCAS Frontal:
868s1w2.jpg
Side and Rear:
71hm245.jpg