Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

mudbox sculpt

Ive been working of this off and on for a bit. Not even close to being finished but just want some feed back. And sorry about the large image.

mudboxscultp.jpg

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Way too many much small random details, and no interesting mid-level forms. You went way too highly sub-divided way too early and overall it looks like you had no real idea or goal you were working towards with this guy.
  • ElysiumGX
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    What sort of criticism are you hoping to get from this? You've added smaller impractical details before refining your base mesh without any clear direction of what you want to achieve. Get an idea of what you want to create, and then work in steps from large to small details.
  • monkeyboy_garth
    Offline / Send Message
    monkeyboy_garth polycounter lvl 9
    Hey killaball, looks scary! I agree with EQ, it looks like a totally random sketch, like you didn't know what you were going to do next - 'add a swirl here, add some dots there...' Know what I mean? And yeah, because there's no interesting mid level forms, it just looks fairly flat, aside from what is fairly small surface detail. If you wanted to make this look more skeletal, I'd say you need to use a different basemesh, or just go more extreme with cutting out some flesh. Mhuaa mhuaa mhuaa!
  • xysdf
    Offline / Send Message
    xysdf polycounter lvl 17
    hmm ... earthquake nailed it down!

my ideas for putting him into a good light:

-he is a 3 feet tall (trap)souvenir figure highpoly normalmapped ingame prop, sold by some ninja(not obvious at the first moment) monks with a diamond on his chest & packed full of explosives for the next .... title

or

-create a idea out of him, give him a purpose as a character, relate him to his enviroment where he may live in,... and use "refere-nce". "refere" him or anything on him to something that exists. right now his story looks like: basemesh/mudbox/subdivide&doodle for a 3d artist; any other one -> 3d object/slightly monsterlike