Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment - urban

just now registered...this is the urban environment i've created using Maya & Textures in Photoshop.....n ur comments pls...
exterior_large.jpggrin.gif

Replies

• pliang
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Great watermark, but the scene still needs work.

1: The pole seems to be built from duplicates on the same section (There's repeated rust)

2. The tiles look like they can use a little break up in the textures as they're very clean and pristine while they have junk piled on top of it

3. Though it has a no parking sign, it'd be nice to add another object in foreground like a inoperable car or something big like that for that foreground element.

4. The details and textures seem crisp like the brick walls but again if can use some grime and worn.

5. Lightings a little harsh bit, try making it a little more gentle and some cast shadows in the foreground. Even though judging from the time of day you'd find hard shadows.

Nice stage you got to though.
  • {scumworks}
    Scale. Ex. the oil barrels are almost the size of a door etc..
    Same goes for the road texture, which grains would be the size of an apple.
  • Matroskin
    Offline / Send Message
    Matroskin polycounter lvl 11
    agree to all above, plus I would say that pipes and concrete semi-pillars (house on the right side) r too clean and white. Pipes especially need more rust and dirt where they intersect with horisontal extruded sections of the building.

But yes, the image is still nice wink.gif
  • pliang
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    The textures on the models also need some contact shadows and/or some detail telling us that it is connected to the ground which it does not.

It seems like its floating a bit.

And for scale, use a measure figurine if you want as a benchmark.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Same on what everyones said, and all the barrels should be the same size.

And even so far as your logo.. laugh.gif

"Dreams that never end(s)? Why the S on ends? And I read it as 3D Dreamsin, but your site is dreamsin3d... may need to flop it around a bit.. I didn't catch it was supposed to be the other way until I read your url.. I just throught it was 3d dreamsin....

And your leaf thingie or eye thingy reminds me of the Nvidia logo..

• Jeremy Lindstrom
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    and an FYI, your site is broken in Firefox. :/