Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Quake2World needs ..you.

Hi there,

I'm looking for talented, motivated, and personable artists to join a team, or simply contribute work on whatever terms they prefer. Quake2World is a Free, standalone game based on a significantly modified Quake2 engine. It supports md2 and md3 model formats, and all high quality image formats for textures (diffuse only). The game blends the gameplay experience of QW, Q2, and Q3A. It's fast, oldschool fragging at its best. If you grew up on DOOM, Quake, and Quake II, this might be the game you've been craving..

The project homepage is http://quake2world.net.. We have several dedicated level designers who have already produced a few original pieces, along with many high-quality remakes of classics. More are in the pipeline right now.

We currently need ..a lot of models and skins. All weapons, most items, and even character models, if you're up for that. Although functional goals for the game have been clearly defined and largely delivered upon, theme is still somewhat open-ended, and so your creative input is most welcome. We're hoping to ship most of our artwork under GPL or CC.

The best way to get in touch with the team and get up to speed on our current status would be to join #quetoo on irc.freenode.net. The project has a lot of momentum, and is definitely for real. I'm a professional developer by day, and have been creating software for over 10 years. I've produced over a half dozen open source projects, and was a core maintainer for a GNU/Linux distribution for several years. Quake2World is now my nights-and-weekends project. You will not be throwing your time away -- this project will have a public release within six months time.

If you don't do IRC, please email me at jay@jaydolan.com.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Replies