Home Contests & Challenges Archives

LPC 4 - AdamBrome - Kamikaze Bumble Bombs!

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
Bumble Bee + Bomb = Kamikaze Bumble Bomb

Concept by JT:
bumblebomb_01b.jpg

Final shot:
bumblebomb_01.jpg

Replies

• Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    hilarious idea, but man put some effort into your work. its obvious you spent maybe 10 minutes on this texture.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    hilarious idea, but man put some effort into your work. its obvious you spent maybe 10 minutes on this texture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, quite the opposite. Altogether from brainstorm with Jesse to this was about 4 hours. I tried a number of styles - including photo sourcing for fur, etc. - and liked the simplistic style.

Different strokes smile.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Worked on the texture a bit more tonight before bed. Slum's comment was something I wanted to address.

The newest one is up top, the old one can be seen here for comparison.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Definitely an improvement on the reworked texture, Brome. Though I am still a little disappointed with the final, especially from you! All your work is really top-notch and you put in a lot of time and effort into your art. But both your entries for the comp have been great ideas, but personally I don't think were executed to the best of your ability.

[ QUOTE ]
    Altogether from brainstorm with Jesse to this was about 4 hours

[/ QUOTE ]
    It shows! I know these are fun little comps and they aren't to be taken too seriously. Plus I can't talk, seeing as I rarely ever finish if I even bother to participate.
    Sorry if this comes across as a harsh comment, but just was a little surprised is all.
    Good to see you managed to finish 2 entries and good luck with the judging.

-caseyjones
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    For some reason the bomb doesn't exactly feel like a bomb, maybe because there are only simple colors throughout...oh well

Some more contacts at the tips of the legs would be nice.

Fun concept to work with btw.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Definitely an improvement on the reworked texture, Brome. Though I am still a little disappointed with the final, especially from you! All your work is really top-notch and you put in a lot of time and effort into your art. But both your entries for the comp have been great ideas, but personally I don't think were executed to the best of your ability.

[ QUOTE ]
    Altogether from brainstorm with Jesse to this was about 4 hours

[/ QUOTE ]
    It shows! I know these are fun little comps and they aren't to be taken too seriously. Plus I can't talk, seeing as I rarely ever finish if I even bother to participate.
    Sorry if this comes across as a harsh comment, but just was a little surprised is all.
    Good to see you managed to finish 2 entries and good luck with the judging.

-caseyjones

[/ QUOTE ]

S'all good. THis isn't my typical cup of tea and it most likely has shown. (Up until now the last time I did a character was 3.5 years ago).

I quite like how they turned out and had fun making them. It matter's not if we win, it was a lot of fun :P
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    dunno if black is the best background colour
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    dunno if black is the best background colour

[/ QUOTE ]
    I was actually going to mention that, but felt like I said enough really :P
    Glad you had fun with the challenges, Brome and that you liked your final pieces. That's the most important thing. Just expected a little better from you I guess.

-caseyjones