Home Technical Talk

better quality materials in viewport (max)?

J Randall
polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
J Randall polycounter lvl 15
Running direct X mode, been playing around with a reference image, I haven't attempted to switch over to open GL mode. Doesnt seem like raising the dpi would have an affect, should I force the reference image to a scale of say 2048x2048?

Thanks for your input guys.

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Customize -> Preferences -> Viewports tab -> Configure Driver

In that window, set the texture size buttons as high as they'll go and check the "match texture size as closely as possible" box.
  • breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    i'm not at home at the moment so i can't try this right now but i'm wondering is this the same process to increase the detail of textures on object in the viewport? I hate looking at my scene with a dozen objects i'm trying to work textures on and having to do a test render each time i update the textures. I would be nice to have higher quality texture display on my models in the viewport - like how your able to increase texture detail in maya viewports.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, if you set the preferences I said above, all textures will be highest resolution possible. You should only need to set this setting once and it will apply to all existing & new scenes.