Home Technical Talk

Model Viewer!

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
hey guys i was wondering if you guys know how to see normal maps and everything that you applied on your mesh in the perspective view of 3ds max?is there and option i have to check? and if yes how do i see it? and if no! are there any good model viewers out there that i can look at my models in to see what they will look like ingame? thanks for your time.

Replies

• Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    If you run max in D3D mode, you can make your materials into DirectX shaders - they will display the normal/spec maps.

You can also install other shaders hat give even better results, and your coders may provide you with in-app versions of your in-game shaders.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    in your material manager select your characters material scroll down to near the bottom, you should see "direct x display of standard materials" or something like that, check the checkbox and then after that click the make material visible in viewport button at the top(looks like a checkered pink cube when directx is on). Make sure you have put all your maps in the right place, eg normal map into normal bump etc
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    aight thanks guys smile.gif