Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

W.I.P Throne Room

Well i've started making a throne room for fun its something different C&C welcome keep in mind im only 12 so dont expect master pieces and me doing everything right.

Throne Room:

ThroneRoom-1.jpg

ThroneRoom1-1.jpg

ThroneRoom2-1.jpg

ThroneRoom3.jpg

thnx

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18

Add a scale reference model to your scene (either make one yourself or download one of the SDKs on this forum). As in, a character you can paste around the room so that you can see how big everything is and how much space there is to move around for someone in this room. My initial take is that this would be a small, tight throne room. If that's what you're going for, that's fine.

You may also want to consider building the basic structure of the room first before placing and creating detail objects. For example, setup a floor plan with all your columns and basic shapes for walls. Check out this old cathedral blueprint to see what I mean
    http://www.naturalhistorymag.com/images/crossection_full.gif
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Well it'd be better to be learning to achieve doing everything accurately when you're only 12...anyways other than planning out the floor plan, try google or go on flickr image sites and research the furnitures you're putting in there.

Doing that will make the project more fun to do when you know what to really expect than improvising as you go.

One more thing is that when modeling keep in mind that silhouette (shape) of the geometry will tell you how many edge loops to get rid of as well which you have lots but I guess you can keep it like that for now.
  • Zephir62
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zephir62 polycounter lvl 12
    This looks like the stuff I made when I was your age smile.gif Just keep working at it. Refine, refine, refine. Also, finding tutorials on the net will probably help you out a bunch if you want to get better. A lot of the portfolio's on this site have tutorials with them so they're always a good place to start when you're looking for help.
  • itsover3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heres an update made room longer added extra fountains, biped character with crown

ThroneRoom-2.jpg

ThroneRoom1-2.jpg

ThroneRoom2-2.jpg

ThroneRoom3-1.jpg