Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alien Beast

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
demoncage polycounter lvl 18
started this guy to get a bit looser with zb3. still rough in alot of areas. need to get back to the thug, but comments/crits welcome as i will definitely be getting back to this guy soon.

manbeast.jpg

Replies

• pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    I think bringing out the crotch area and fixing the back of the ankle to start would be nice...I get his feet are supposed to be like a goats but it seems like its flattened when it should have an ankle curve to it.
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks pliang. i know, legs get very rough as they go down. will definitely be giving that area more attention next time around.

here's a side view of the model.

manbeast_01.jpg
  • Dakkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dakkon polycounter lvl 10
    I'd add some bigger details up top. He doesn't seem very imposing up there when Im looking at him from the side. Massive shoulder plates, spikes, or something would help to give him a more menacing look. Usually when you see creatures with these inverse joints, they're more top heavy.

I'd also broaden his shoulders as well for the same reasons. He doesn't come off looking powerful.

Love the detailing on the chest area though smile.gif
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the crits Dakkon.

alright so started going in a different direction w/ this guy. still hacking out the rough design. hands will be very much de-humanized. horns/tentacles will be better integrated next time around. still need to sculpt out the hooves.

manbeast_03.jpg
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Demoncage, I really like this new direction, very cool and alien. Not sure on the tail as it kinda distracts from his form even though he has demon aspects to him. Maybe change his feet from the hoof to a a toed foot? To see how that might work, and it looks like the hands are seperate objects so either make it look like they are stitched together or have something to cover the break.

Spark
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the crits Spark. yeah, hands. will either do something explicitly joint like to integrate them or find a way to unify the mesh. i tried to do insert mesh but the hand didn't show up for some reason. any info on that?
  • Cryocat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like this new one a lot. Also looks much more balanced with the bent spine and long arms, which was my chief concern with the first. The only thing I'd say is the horns look a bit floppy considering how thin they are. Unless thats intentional, kinda makes em look floppy when the rest of the model is about bulk. Just a thought.
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks Cryocat. yeah, had the same feeling about the horns, especially the middle ones. think i just need to thicken them at the base and transition into the tips. hope to update this guy soon.
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    MUCH better direction on the second pass. I really like the weight you have now on the character. The back and shoulder sculpting is sweet. However, I'm not so sure about the hooves with this new look.
    Very cool so far!
    B
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    New version is roughly OVER NINE THOUSAND times better. Good job.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    really nice man, maybe work a bit more on the middle detail ? looking awesome !
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah this is starting to look pretty nice man. I like the design overall. I love the arm length, reminds me of how jordu schell always manages to find something interesting proportionally to exaggerate. I find the lowest joint on the back legs a little awkward to be honest. Not sure what it is, maybe the indent in between the two bone ends? Makes the joint look like the two bone ends are disconnected If Im making any sense? http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/1547/11700296.JPG