Home Technical Talk

omg Crazy black lines everywhere! make it stop!

Maddness
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Maddness polycounter lvl 11
so I'm having this problem in maya no matter what it is, when i'm looking at something in the high quality rendering view.

i keep getting these black lines all over the models. Anyone know how I can fix this issue?

here's an example of what i'm talking about.

Thanks,
Mike.

Replies

• CrazyButcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrazyButcher polycounter lvl 18
    looks like z-fighting, ie 2 planes at the same place, you accidently created a clone?
  • Maddness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i don't think so. unless maya is doing that for EVERYTHING i make... which i dunno i guess could be possible

i deleted a few faces on that plane in the example pic, and it didn't seem to be 2 different pieces of geometry there. so i have no clue.
  • Maddness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    upon googling.. (woot) i found out that Maya hates my ATI card. so i guess I need to figure out if i can find some drivers that will love maya more..
  • IxenonI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IxenonI interpolator
    This is a common Problem with ATI Cards and Maya. The OpenGL Drivers of some ATI cards are not capable to show a correct HQ Rendering View in Maya (Like the X800XL).

The only solution for me was to get a different gpu (any nvidia card will do). I couldnt fix it with updating drivers.

A workaround would be to use the Cgfx shader plugin for maya, it is capable of showing all the next gen stuff in the viewport with ati cards ..
  • Maddness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the cgfx shader plugin eh? i'm going to have to try that out. i can't pocket out a different video card atm :/.
  • Jarrod1937
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarrod1937 polycounter lvl 15
    I've heard rumors that ATI is supposed to be improving their OpenGl drivers. While i wouldn't hold my breath, if that is true then the Maya problems will probably disappear. Though better drivers would be nice in general, its a pain to do testing for our game on ATI hardware only to find this or that shader doesn't function properly...