Home Technical Talk

Wacom tablet question: Monitor switching...

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
Hey hey...

I have 2 monitors at home but while using my tablet in Photoshop I have the constraints of the tablet set to just one monitor, not both. Giving me proper horizontal orientation.

However, I like having my references and such on my secondary monitor. And since my tablet is set to orientate itself on the primary monitor, I have to switch to my mouse whenever I want to switch images, browse a new page, etc. While this isn't a big time waster, it does break flow which I HATE.

Does anyone know if its possible to hit a short-cut and switch which monitor my tablet is locked too on the fly? That'd be awesome if I could go from Primary to Secondary with ease....

Thanks!

Replies

• pyromania
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pyromania polycounter lvl 18
    If you have Intuos3 there is an option in the drivers for "Display toggle". You can only bind it to one of the express keys on the tablet though. It lets you jump between primary and secondary monitors.

You should email Wacom support and request the feature. They are very slow about adding new features though. I requested "Display toggle" 2 years ago and it just showed up in the last few driver versions. frown.gif
  • CodeFather
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CodeFather polycounter lvl 15
    If you are using intious- update your drivers, if not - download this little app http://wacomswitch.illusoft.com/
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hi there

You can also setup your active tablet space so that it is slightly stretched horizontaly - this will give you extra screen space on the right. That's the way I do it : photoshop layers and such just at the left border of the right-hand screen, accessible to the tablet range.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    pyromania nailed it. Thanks man!

Codefather & pior thanks for the tips!
  • Flynny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flynny polycounter lvl 9
    Wow, why was no one informed of this update to the drivers lol? damn there slow.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I've recently made the switch to using Wacom only, and I have the same issue as I have Photoshop/Mudbox mapped to the primary display and all other apps mapped to both displays.
    I usually just click the task bar to toggle the dual display mapping, then click back in Photoshop/Mudbox and it reverts back to the primary display mapping.
    It sounds a little weird, and has taken me a bit of time to adapt, but it seems to work for me. I'll definitely look into the display switch toggle though.
    Thanks for the heads up, pyromania.

-caseyjones