Murder Tub League: me and Rhinokey's new game

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
MURDER TUB LEAGUE
First you build... then you killd!

It's still in beeta testing stage
video link

we whipped the video together in about 10 minutes, including original music by Tracy, hot dammz!

RULZ:
10 Minutes to build your bot
must use a tub
once the 10 minutes are up you have to drive the bot over to the other player and kill him, no running away!

Tracy won, unfortunately he didn't have FRAPS on his computer so he couldn't record his view

Replies

• seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    um was this like modeled and imported in or something?
  • jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GMod is a fucking awesome game. I used to play it religiously, and actually became quite active in the community. The stuff you can build is pretty amazing. I used to make cannons, trains, planes, boats, catapults, everything. If anyone here hasn't tried it, I highly suggest they do.

P.S.: Justin got lolpwnt. tongue.gif
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    Haha, awesome! I love Gmod!

Seforin: no, its all built in game. there's a free version of the game out there, but gmod 10 is worth the 9 dollars they charge by FAR! you wont regret it. I mean, in what other game can you build a rube-goldberg machine that activates a giant catapult that sends dr kleiner in a trajectory over say... de_dust?
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    bladezilla is by far the best murdertub i've made so far, he was fast easy to drive and super crazy killing power, he was also able to flip over crushasaurs rex , you can see bladezilla next to rex at the begining of the second hald of the vid
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Here's our match from today, my original design didn't work so I only had 2 minutes to throw my bot together.

We're probably going to do a custom arena for MTL as well as some special "competition" tubs and player models (or maybe just skins)
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    today sucked for me. rodderick anger exploded at the last second, and i had to remove one of the hover balls that made the front float so his spinny blades would work. so in order to kill i had to drive it near him, then make it float off the ground, and spin up the blades and let it slowly drift into him. totaly letdown for Team tracy