Sculpey WIP's. Somewhat image heavy

seantree
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
seantree polycounter lvl 18
spideydl2.jpg
spidey1id5.jpg
spidey2hx7.jpg
Quick spidey. Tryin to get him finished for a friend.

Little Batman here. Started as a speed sculpt to come to grips with various tools etc. I'm still learnin so I try to do some quick ones to discover new techniques etc. I liked what came from it so I'm gonna finish him.
bmanwv9.jpg
And a female with BORKED proportions. She's too muscular atm. The pics kind of skew the sculpt also. Was a quick armature and now she leans forward :/ I'll fix that when I get to the feet. Prob doin her as a Sister of Battle of some sort. Perhaps a Seraphim.
girl1vo3.jpg
girl2qc4.jpg
girl3ld4.jpg
girlts6.jpg
Well, that's where I'm at so far. I always have a few goin at onces so that while one air hardens I can move to the next. The dark clay is sculpey mixed with firm FIMO. Well crits welcome.

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    So how are you liking it so far? I find that playing with the clay really relaxes me and is a huge and very nice change from 3d or any computer based work.

Keep at it. There are a few sites out there that are really helpful and awesome with kick ass work on them.

Check out.

http://www.statueforum.com/index.php
  • seantree
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    I love it. The relaxation comment is totally on point. I throw on some music and just go at it. It's nice to feel as if you've finally found THAT medium. I've been through many, but I think this one suits me best. Damn, it's amazing what retiring from WoW can do. I've had "plans" to get into this stuff for quite a bit, but WoW destroyed those. I cancelled my account 2 weeks ago and haven't looked back. Just say no to MMO!!!! Anyway, thanks for the link I've never been to that one. BTW, when do we see more of your Clone trooper? I'm interested in how to accomplish hard edges and was hopin to swipe some techniques from ya smile.gif I'd love to do a Biker Scout someday....