Home Technical Talk

xref ....

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
rollin polycounter
hi

i have some funky wunky x-ref problems and it would be so nice if max would learn to handle them correct but no.. it don´t want to.. so maybe there is some trick or some other solution, maybe someone knows..

ok here we go: i have a smal scene with some animation (some objects are x-ref-objekts some are normal un-refed objects) AND i have one x-ref-scene loaded

so now if i load this file it gives me some x-ref-unresolved errors.. (i have a lot of these smal animated scenes .. some get this error some not)
so and now comes the part i like most.. if i delete the x-ref-scene, save the file and reopen it, all errors are gone.. (alternaive i just update all x-ref-objects manually.. )

but if i want to render the file over backburner it won´t work, bc the x-ref error stopps the renderer..

so.. is there ANY way i could solve this stupid problem?

i´m using max8 sp3

i can´t find any reason why this error appears in some scenes and in some not.. so its nearly impossible to find the error :/

ok if nothing works i could merge everything into the scene bevor rendering.. but would be nice if there is some "real" solution to this prob..

thx

Replies

• dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    another sprious little error with max, is that it seems to reset unit scale whenever you save a scene as...
    so if you saved an animated model as another scene.. and you had your unit setup different from the default, you basically messed up your scene. and Xref'd animated meshes, with different unit setups, definitely doesnt mix.
    rule of thumb, never change the unit setup from default.
    it will only bring sadness into your life.