Home General Discussion

Pushing back a plane

thnom
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
thnom polycounter lvl 18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwtfN-KqQ3I

This is a video from Leeds and Bradford Airport of the grounds guys pushing back the aeroplane BY hand. My dad is one of these guys.. haha - utterly amazing.

Replies

• rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hehe cool smile.gif I wonder why they didn't use some kind of tow vehicle?
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Manly men don't need no stinking towing vehicle! Nice man, looks like an interesting job to have.
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Meh! If it flies, it can't be that heavy.

Funny stuff smile.gif Reminds me of the guy that pulls trucks with his penis.
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    hehe cool smile.gif I wonder why they didn't use some kind of tow vehicle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently its a new plane and they didn't have the "stick" for it (or one that fits) (I'm guessing that keeps it in place).

My dad is the one on the walky talky (not actually pushing hahaha laugh.gif) - he's usually the guy driving the car pushes back the plane..
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Whatever, there is a CLEAR 0.5% downhill grade. . . I am not impressed.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    It looks like these guys have done this before, and none of them exactly looks to be straining much. In high school with a few friends from the football team we used to pick up and move cars of friends, coaches, and teachers just to mess with them. We wouldn't move them very far, but would tend to do stuff like turn them sideways in the parking slots with cars to either side so that they couldn't pull out. With about 8 football players, we could move almost any car. Fewer for compacts.