Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    hahaha, burn.
    Interesting news, anyway, cool.
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    Damn Sectaurs you beat me to it in this thread, but not on the company email! MUAHAHAHAHA
    B
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    I wonder if Halo DS will come out now?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reads like a win win for everyone.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    Right, ok, I guess I was wrong somehow. . . It all hinges on that "clause in the original contract." I never would have expected that. Plus, the headline should still read "Bungie buys itself back from Microsoft" not "Bungie Leaves Microsoft."

Even then MS is retaining a minority stake, so I doubt we'll see any PS3 games out of Bungie.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Sounds like an awesome deal for both companies. This type of stuff is really unheard of unless it involves law suits and many people losing jobs and getting screwed.

This is a nice change to see.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    I wonder if this is part of a bigger picture of MS changing their first party structure. As in if FASA closing down and this are in any way related. Who's willing to bet that we'll be hearing something from Rare in the near future?
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    “Microsoft will retain an equity interest in Bungie, at the same time continuing its long-standing publishing agreement between Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie for the Microsoft-owned “Halo” intellectual property as well as other future properties developed by Bungie.”

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I dunno how much freedom they're gonna have under that agreement. They still have to get any projects green-lighted by MS.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    Come to think of it....

Microsoft closed down their sports dev and their fantasy dev teams after the origional xbox had been established.

The excuse they used was that they started these projects and teams to give the new console a boost, but now that it was established they were no longer needed.

Perhaps MS sees Bungie and FASA the same way?

-R
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    It's been tough keeping my mouth shut, but it really is a great move and a great time to be part of the Bungie team. Exciting times ahead!

More Info
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just thought I'd quote this smile.gif Consider it a poke to the kidney to make yah giggle. :P
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    thegodzero: pictures or it didn't happen

[/ QUOTE ]

well as it did happen, i guess i have to find a picture...

Here! Shes on the runway and she does have double d's
    00010m1452.jpg
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just thought I'd quote this smile.gif Consider it a poke to the kidney to make yah giggle. :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it didn't exactly happen as the original article you posted stated it did, either:

[ QUOTE ]
    You know that big ol BILLION dollar franchise Bungie has created for Microsoft, to show their appreciate Microsoft is letting Bungie leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bungie taking advantage of a clause in the original contract to buy themselves back is a bit different from "Bungie has been such a good little developer MS is granting them their freedom" tongue.gif

Funny, I just realized that article stated that Bungie created a billion dollar franchise for MS ... shouldn't that have been the other way around? laugh.gif