Home Technical Talk

How to copy animations from one biped to another..

Hi there.

Is there a way to copy the animation from one biped to another?
Like, i have a biped that is animated, and i want to transfer that animation to another biped which is riged already and put on a model. How do i do that?

Thanks
Pedro

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    You should be able to save out the animation to a .bip file (make sure you're not in figure mode) - it's one of the rollouts in the Biped settings in the motion panel... then you can load the .bip in the same way onto your other biped.

Or at least that's how it used to work, I haven't used biped for ages. Maybe look at the max help first, i'm sure it's well documented in there.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yes sir!
    you get a free puppy for helping me out! smile.gif
    thanks mop laugh.gif
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    And now that you know how to load and save bip files, you can learn the next useful trick with biped - joining bip files together.

This is useful for deformation tests - you build a series of joint tests and take a bunch of you in-game animations and string them into one longer bip file.

The motion mixer makes this easy - simply go to motion mixer mode in the motion panel, and load the files one at a time onto the timebar. When you have enough, right click on the Char icon on the top let and compute a mixdown. Copy this mixdown to the biped and save it.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh.
    i was about to ask you guys about joing bip files, no kiding!
    you read my mind rick. smile.gif awesome guys. thanks.

edit:
    no idea how to do what you said. lol
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does anyone have any bip files with animations like run\straffe\jump that they can share?
    I have this project i have to deliver in november and i dont think i have time to do all the anims bymyself. (have to get started to write my report on the project)

So if anyone can spare a couple bips i would include you on my thank you notes.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    09282007232549pl2.png
    here is a pic of the game im doing.
    the skycybe is not this one,
    i replaced it with one made in terrage, it has a much higer res.