Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Javelin Demigod WIP

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
jmiles interpolator
hey.. been working on this for the past couple of days.. i'm almost done w/ the UV'ing, but I have some questions.. and first off.. this will be the first time i get on the normal map creation band wagon, so i need a little bit of incite as to how much geometry it will take on my low poly model, in order for my high res model to fit it right.. i have the illustration as my guide at this point and i'm trying to make my model as accurate to it as possible..

with the leather chest armor on the character in the illustration, should i model that to the low poly model as floating geometry, or straight into the mesh, or leave that detail to the high res mesh?.. i dont really have a feel for how much i can get away w/, that is not modeled in the LLD..

the belt around his waste... should i model some low level geometry for it, or can i get away w/ just the use of planes depicting the over all silhouette?.. am i just being lazy. heh...

the same question goes to the feathers at the helm

here is what i have of the model so far.. almost ready for the HLD

demigod01gh9.gif

and here is the illustration

javelinthrowerye9.png

i may do a bit of free styling to the model as well.. i had some questions about emitting textures that i posted in the 3d/2d chat discussion.. but those questions were pretty well answered... i asked because i want to attempt to create some glowies in this guys texture..

also.. is it safe to import a model into zbrush that has holes in it.. for instance, if i detach the torso of the model and import it to zbrush, is that fine? or should i just import the entire mesh in?.. any other guidance would be greatly appreciated... thanks smile.gif

Replies