Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Request - a few basic models for a prototype

Hello - I'm Colin Hansen at Marc Media. We're working on a small prototype to send to Microsoft Xbox Live Arcade in the hope of developing a game for them. I am extremely confident that the concept and prototype will appeal to the grand people over at XBLA.

Unfortunately, everyone on my team is completely incapable of making 3d models. Also, we are but a small start-up, and therefore do not have the money to pay someone else to do it. However, if our game concept is successfully approved, and you are interested in making 3d models for the final product (a paid position), you will be almost certainly welcome to.

All of the below-mentioned models can be extremely low-poly and only need to be textured in one or two solid colors. This prototype does not need to look especially good, as long as it somewhat resembles the final product. The overall style of the game is cartoony, so please keep that in mind. Here's what we need:

-Models for a game board. The board will resemble a chess board, except that there are impassable squares (mountains) and squares that are harder to get through (swamp). Basically, each type of tile (normal, mountain, and swamp) needs to have it's own model, and there needs to be a model for the border of the game board. The swamps should be depressed into the face of the tile, and the mountains should pop out of the face of the tile. As long as it's discernible as such, that's fine. The idea is that the game board can be constructed out of these pluggable terrain tiles.

-A few models of green orcs. One with a bow, one with a sword, one with a staff. Again, these don't have to look good at all, as long as you can tell they're orcs and the models are different from eachother. They should be sized to fit, standing, on one tile. Animations (moving and attacking, and hitting the ground for the staff guy) are really awesome, but optional.

Thanks to anyone willing! Please contact me at colinmarc@gmail.com.

Replies