Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sexy Medival killer-low poly

Replies

• Xena
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    hey dude, i like it. my only real "crit" would be that it looks like more of a renaisance theme than medievil.
  • Xena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, I was inspired by a vampire movie
  • Xena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here comes the images
    Zena3q.jpg
    Zena3qnolight.jpg
    Zenaback3qnolight.jpg
    Zenawire3q.jpg
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    hey dude, i like it. my only real "crit" would be that it looks like more of a renaisance theme than medievil.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, it actually looks more like a neo-classical thing, The modern corset and the tramp stamp make it seem so. I would just call her a Neo-Gothic killer.

The lower part of the body seems to be lacking in texture too, while there is some nice minute detail on the top half, the lower half is fairly plain.
  • Xena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey,

You are so right to the point! My teacher said exactly the same thing!" Your boots are your weakest points!"

Thanks for all the critiques.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    She may actually benefit having a more elaborate boot. Perhaps like a jackboot of some kind. Sorta like these:

http://www.3wishes.com/images/rusticpiratelady.jpg
    http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/4a/6/AAAAAoWLvxMAAAAAAEprKA.png?v=1179604309000

It would add a bit more flare to the boots, and it would also go well with the long sleeves she has. Plus you can add some nice ornate details onto the hanging bits of the boot.
  • Xena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love the ribbons on the side of the boots. crazy.gifPainting highlights on leather is quite tricky for me. Sometimes it turns out very fake look.
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    ha. Nice one Min.

See, told ya about the boots. Painting leather by hand is a bitch, but practice makes perfect. And RSI.

+)

dabu
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yeah my eye kinda wants to see some of the goldish colors repeated into the boots, but thats just me. otherwise, looks great!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    In your shaded scene, turn the ambient light up around %50 to reduce the contrast, and your screenshot will be more presentable.

To illustrate what I mean.
    fill_light.jpg
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    im digging this char but the only urk I have is that her hair line considering where it is seems like she has a large forhead.....and also the little puff of hair on top isnt doing it for me....seems WAY to lesbo to me (no offense to any of you on here if you are) If your having it rolled up and being held it needs to be shown better because right now it just looks like a sphere with some flat planes on top of it.

The paint over explained above is another thing to bring out her colors alot more

the boots also need details , laces, something there just brown blobs right now

please lose the tramp stamp , it really is a bullseye and a eye sore to a beautiful model

other than that I have nothing bad to say about this model modeling wise or anatomy or anything in that boat, fix those few problems and you'll be floating in gold laugh.gif
  • Xena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    By tramp stamp, you mean the belly ring or the tatoo? well, I originally planned to do an envil girl, then it turned out to look to nice for that idea, that's how the bad combination happens. frown.gif I am not a lesbo or a guy, what makes a model more attractive to male players?

Totally agree about the forehead. I tried to fix it, but due to the limited polys geo there, it turns out either face features are too big or forehead is too narrow. Scratching my head now....
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    "What makes a model more attractive to male players?"

This is a hard one to answer. I don't think you should even worry about that. Frankly, this character has better fashion sense than most of the characters I make. Also, the model is overall very solid. Its optional which advice you follow. You don't have to do everything people suggest.

tramp stamp means lower back tattoo.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha ok maybe my lingo was a little off centered,

tramp stamp are tattoos above ass cracks girls get, Personally I hate them because I live in south florida where I see 1 out of every 3 girls has one,

not trying to insult about the lesbo comment, but the hair is just WAY to short looking, and I can tell by the back view that you have the hair bunched up and being held with that clip, but the way the hair is painted from the back its hard to tell.....

hmm the only person I can think of who had somethign similar as far as that hair style was ben mathis (poopinmymouth) dominance war 1 girl, go to his site and look at his char to get a better idea of what to do with the hair

only thing you can do with the forhead is either bring the hairline down just a bit, but I think once you add the hair geometry to be a bit more puffy so it has some nice definition to it, you'll be fine
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Including the contemporary details like the navel jewelry and the tribal tattoo kills any credulity you might have been shooting for as regards to her time period. Those to details make the overall piece read like a girl at a costume party.

I don't really see the lesbo comments... she just looks like she's using a hairdini™. Some love on the hair texture might clear things up. looks like it's horribly stretched right now. I also wouldn't move the hairline down any further... girls with their hair up like that tend to show a lot of forehead. What might help is adding some shape to the hairline, instead of the perfect line bisecting her head. it often comes further forward above the ears.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like a practical haircut for someone who wields a sword. Little danger of it falling down over her eyes. May not be the most sexy hairstyle (though its far from unattractive) but that seems quite fitting for your piratey dame.

Some large-ish hoop earrings might look good and would sit better on the character than the navel buttons.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yeah I'm gonna have to toss in that the tramp stamp threw me off too.. kinda kills it.

but hey, that's just my opinion. I hate them.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yea ok the lesbo comments where a bit off, but it just looked like from the front viewport she had a crew cut, as oppose to it being bunched up on the back, Kinda threw me off originally
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin: you're gay (no offense to you if you're actually gay). sorry for my lingo.

Xena: it's difficult to tell without a side view, but her knees appear to be positioned too far back, giving her an awkward posture. and the hairline does need an adjustment above the ears. you rarely see it run straight around like that, which is why it appears odd. use reference. lose the tramp stamp. don't play around with useless details like that until you've learned to include useful details for areas such as the boots.

btw, what is an Occulation Map, and what reason do you have to display it on your page?
  • Xena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I did use reference image from 3dsk, but the original pose is arms open with legs like that. It's a rigging pose I guess. Needs some good refrence sources. But your critique is very right to the point and helpful. Teachers are way too nice at school ya.
  • Tiax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    really nice work xena , i love it; especially upper body&cloth&details.
    well i'm not good at char design but i can tell somethings about "hotty game chars" like all men.
    -hairs looks nice , and yea its handy for a fighter. prob u should keep this , but if you want to try something sexier ; a redhead with long , big ( i cant find a better word for it , large , higher density whatevah) hair , everybody loves redheads , i adore redheads laugh.gif . more realistic version of world of warcraft's bloodelf female hair for example ( i'll post some pics later if i can)
    -less blurry texture for pants should work too. got some nice details , especially her back looks sexy ( no doubt all male players love it). a little sharp textures would catch all male players eyes wink.gif
    is she rigged btw? i would love to see some posed pics.
    keep up the good work smile.gif
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    seforin: you're gay (no offense to you if you're actually gay). sorry for my lingo.

Xena: it's difficult to tell without a side view, but her knees appear to be positioned too far back, giving her an awkward posture. and the hairline does need an adjustment above the ears. you rarely see it run straight around like that, which is why it appears odd. use reference. lose the tramp stamp. don't play around with useless details like that until you've learned to include useful details for areas such as the boots.

btw, what is an Occulation Map, and what reason do you have to display it on your page?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh sweetbuns dont be such a prude =p

I appologised for the comment already privately, I already said the model looks great but the short hair looks a bit butch from the front, jez I gotta watch my mouth on here, I keep getting jumped on all week lately confused.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no matter what term you use, or when you apologize, you continue to state that women with short hair look gay in an ugly manner. only pointing out your childish offense, you may want to avoid for future critiques.

[ QUOTE ]
    what makes a model more attractive to male players?

[/ QUOTE ]

generally, it's large, half exposed T&A. but it's refreshing to see characters with detailed garments.

Xena: on your texture page, I think you mean Occlusion map, instead of Occulation map. also, while I agree with drawing focus to the eyes, the eyes on your character seem a bit too oversaturated and unnatural. you've received good critiques, so I hope to see an update soon. i like the vest and corset, btw.
  • Xena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys,

I need to do a render for this model. just find out that whole figure shots have a texture seam in the middle of face, but it was good in close ups. I used Mayasofterware , also tried mental ray. Any one can figure out what's going on?
  • Slipstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slipstream polycounter lvl 19
    I think that's just one of Maya's viewport quirks. I've had that happen to me when I zoomed out from the model some. Unless you have an extremely low, or no pixel buffer area on the texture map
  • Xena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you know how to fix this? Please?
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Can't you just tweak the UVs to hide the seam?
  • Xena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well, in closeup shots and realtime lighting, nothing is wrong in the texture. So I don;t know how to tweak it. It is just the rendering problem I guess.
  • Panupat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Panupat polycounter lvl 15
    tried soften the edge normals?
    make sure all the vertices are merged?
    also make sure that all face normals are pointing to the right direction.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    to me this sounds more like a mipmapping issue, have you tried to broaden the edgepadding of your texture?
  • Tully
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tully polycounter lvl 18
    I've got a few crits I don't think anybody's mentioned yet.. they have mostly to do with issues of proportion. Though there's nothing strictly incorrect about what you have here, some areas have a distinctly masculine edge to them. Her waist, for being corsetted, is very thick (corsets can make waists *very* narrow). She's broad shouldered and narrow hipped. To top it off, she has a large chin and wide jaw. I suppose it depends on what you're going for, but if you want a hyper-feminine character--as the elements you've added suggest you do--you might want to tweak a few things.

I did a paintover to show you what I mean in a more constructive way. Making her legs longer give her less normal proportions, but still within the realm of realism. Smaller jaw, higher cheekbones, thicker eyebrows (very thin ones usually make people look older), bigger hips/butt, longer legs, narrower shoulders/waist.
    xena-po.gif

You've got some really lovely details on the clothes started though. Hope to see this finished!
  • Xena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks, you guys. Appreciate all your advices and time. I am going to do a no light plastblast turntable(Like in game engine models) for my reel. Because of the low poly, shadows are a little weird in rendering. Anyone think companies would be OK with that?