Home Technical Talk

zbrush 3 question bout tweak and move....

fritz
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
fritz polycounter lvl 18
i never noticed this...but the tweak brush seems to have a lock on it, to a degree. i can move geo with it...but only to a certain point...then it stops. there a setting i'm missing for this?

also, w/the move tool...i'm tryin to move a separate body up towards the next of a character. but when i try and move it up some...it won't move the hands and feet w/the body...just leaves them there stretching the ankles and wrists. no masks are on.

anyone?

Replies

• Rob Galanakis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As to the tweak/move tool, no idea, I think it may be built in. You shouldn't be using it to really 'move' anything too far, though.

For the latter, you want to use the Transpose functions.

Terminologies are still a bit confusing, I prefer to use Translate instead of Move (as mudbox does) to refer to the 'gizmo' move tool, and tweak or move as the zbrush tweak or move(3.1) tool. So maybe I'm misinterpreting your second question...
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    yes, translate. i'm just using move/tweak as they are named in the menu's.

i can only tweak the geo so far using the tweak tool

but as i am translating my body up w/the move tool a little bit to reach the neck...the hands and feet seemed "locked". s'weird. once again, no masks. hmmmmmmm
  • fogmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fogmann polycounter lvl 17
    If you're using subtools for your parts, you won't be able to translate them together.
    As for tweak having a point where it stops, first make sure what's the z intensity because by default it puts it to something low, so it doesn't work like it used to in ZB2. If that's not the case, then it has to do with a scale of your model. Watch this video, it shows a workaround:
    http://www.veoh.com/videos/v742553gYyMs2sS?searchId=1479555700661248056&rank=0
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    yeah...i wasn't trying to translate multiple subT's.

BUT, you nailed it on the head about the tweak thing fogman. i guess it IS the scale of my model. thanks so much for the vid, will help lots. thanks man!