Home General Discussion

Yet another fine demo...Ratchet & Clank Future PS3

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
I just went by my local EB Games where I had a preorder for Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction for PS3 and the manager came over and handed me the demo disc for the game. smile.gif YAY! So the story is go to EB or Gamestop and they should have the demo disc available now if you pre order the game. The demo doesn't come out on PSN until like October 4th. With this and being able to play Team Fortress 2 come monday and already playing the Call of Duty 4 Beta, things are pretty sweet in game land.

Replies

• bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    WELL!? How is it!?
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Well I just got done playing thru the demo disc. It was the same demo from E3...not that, that is bad. The demo was a lot of fun but very short and didn't get to fight a boss of any kind and no real objectives at all to accomplish. Just go and keep moving and you really only could go point A to point B, no multiple routes or free roaming at all. You got 4 different gadgets to play with...a grenade, a thing that morphed enemies into lil' penguins complete with ski hat and scarf, a disco ball that made enemies dance for a short time , and I can't remember the other one now...drawing a blank. Anyways it was fun turning the enemies into penguins and making said penguins dance to only go over and bludgeon them to death as they spewed the familiar gears. The environments seem big but the area you get to actually move in seemed small. There was plenty going on in the background with hovercar traffic and big spider like robots attacking the city. Theres a part where you're free falling thru rush hour hover car traffic and use the six axis tilting to move thru the obstacles that was kinda neat. I figure the full game will feel just like the games of before in exploring and moving about the world. The demo was fun but just seemed a bit forced in just going from point a to point b with no pacing of moments where you explore or wander much off said path. Very pretty game though and well it's Ratchet & Clank and that's enough for me. It did feel weird though not having the familiar controller jolts of the past from the rumble when busting crates and taking hits.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    cool glad you liked it.
    yeah the demo is pretty straight forward, its the first level in the game and the easiest, but its also the most of spectacle, lots of stuff blowing up all around you, the illusion of chaos.the first level is very different from the other levels, which are more in line with classic ratchet gameplay. we didn't want anyone getting lost or dying in the first level, thats kind of why its like that.
    I just had the opportunity to play through the whole game in its gold master state. its pretty cool, very epic feeling, tons of stuff happening, i was disappointed in a few things i am not at liberty to discuss, but its by far the biggest, baddest ratchet and clank game ever made, and the best game insomniac has ever made.
    if you have been waiting for some old school platformer radness, then this is your game...