Home General Discussion

Stranglehold

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
Beat this last nite, playing thru it again. some parts were a bit repetitive, but over all great fun game. realy fun destructable enviroments, one of the best shooters i've played on console as far as the controls go.

Hard boiled was one of my favorite movies of all times, and i feel this kept that feeling. (even tho there was no bullet time in hard boiled and its the main focus of this game)

Replies

• Hollowmind
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    I've been looking forward to this game. Does it play like a next-gen Max Payne? Cause I loved the Max Payne games and this looked very similar from the vids I've seen. Need the PC version to be released already.
  • jdevin
    Offline / Send Message
    jdevin polycounter lvl 18
    Stranglehold is my first shipped game. I'm glad people are enjoying the game. It's a great feeling when you see your first game on shelves.

Hollowmind - It plays similar to max payne. Only now you can interact with the environment in various way (swing on chandeliers). And don't worry PC version is on the way.
  • Rhinokey
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i really enjoyed it, beat it in one weekend and a couple hours during the week. i liked it way better than max payne as far as controll and game play. critiques would be that some of the early levels seem kinda like throw away ideas to make the game last longer the ones where you destroy the drug tables, and then the one where yo gun in the chopper. and plant the bombs. these were all placed in a clump at early / mid game. then after that its just all shooting. no more "missions"either cary them thruout the game or get rid of them completly.

all over the game theres cool things like stair rails to slide down and run up, and dinner carts to roll across the room on while shooting people. but you mention chandeliers, i only saw one of them in the game and it was part of the level layout, you had to swing to get to the next part of the level. would have been nice to see them more used.. cause they were fun!
  • IronHawk
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Glad to hear a PC version is on the way. I read a good article about this game over on CG society a couple months back.

Here is the link if anyone wants to check it out . linkage

Looks like a fun game. Excited to check it out.
  • jdevin
    Offline / Send Message
    jdevin polycounter lvl 18
    Its funny that you mention tai-o. I did a lot of work in that area. There were supposed to be side missions in the later levels but they were cut.
    There are chandeliers in the teahouse, mega, penthouse, and some of the dinos in the museum have the same effect.
  • Davision3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    I loved the Demo, i think its a lot like may payne and that makes the game very cool for me. smile.gif
    But it is really only 7 hours of play?