Home Technical Talk

3ds 9

Hello, this is my first post, and it's probably a stupid one. I'm working on a car from some blueprints, using a quad patch converted into an editable poly. My problem is that I can barely see the edges, and in some places I can't see them at all. I've tried adding a material then changing the opacity and stuff, but it doesn't help. So is there anyway to make the edges darker.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you try customizing the edge color?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Do you have the viewport in a mode that shows edged faces (ie. wireframes overlaid on the shaded model)?
    Look in the help for "show edged faces" if you're not sure.
  • jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does this problem occur only in this particular file, or does it occur even when you're starting with a fresh scene? If it's the former, the file itself may be the problem, and not 3ds Max.

In either case, try hitting F4. This will turn on "Edged Faces," which is what MoP was talking about.
  • afronate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Did you try customizing the edge color?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I tried it with VertexPaint
    [ QUOTE ]
    Do you have the viewport in a mode that shows edged faces (ie. wireframes overlaid on the shaded model)?
    Look in the help for "show edged faces" if you're not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes
    [ QUOTE ]
    Does this problem occur only in this particular file, or does it occur even when you're starting with a fresh scene? If it's the former, the file itself may be the problem, and not 3ds Max.

In either case, try hitting F4. This will turn on "Edged Faces," which is what MoP was talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]
    It occurs everytime I have white blueprints. I tried F4 doesn't help.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't use white blueprints. Ramp down their brightness so the bkg color is a 30% (or so) gray. Easier on the eyes too.
  • afronate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Don't use white blueprints. Ramp down their brightness so the bkg color is a 30% (or so) gray. Easier on the eyes too.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Didn't even think of that, lol, but it worked great thanks.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    heh, i was about to say, it's probably because the selected object will have white edges.