Home General Discussion

Wold in Conflict

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
http://www.gamespot.com/event/download/world-in-conflict-demo/

Anyone playing the demo of this? This is one of the best games I've played in a long time. It's an action RTS. No resource management, or any lengthy crap. Just straight up action. And the artwork is downright sexy. Give it a try if you have the time, it's a hell of a good time.

Replies

• Tumerboy
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Been waiting for this for a while, DLing now. . .
  • Bronco
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    yay will download when I get home,always been a fan of Massives games as has my dad. got both Ground Control and Ground Control 2 which is of the same essence. Been looking forward to this.

John
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Is the this the version that swordfish studios had a hand in or are they making a conversion or something.
    I was just curious cause i used to work there
  • Hito
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    played the demo. rendered Cut scenes look nice, in game graphics look nice. A bit too far removed from action for me though.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Rendered cut scenes? You mean the intro? The other cutscenes are in-game. I'm not sure what you mean about being removed from the action though - you're right in the middle of it! laugh.gif

Bah smile.gif Some people just don't like RTS games.
  • Hito
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    I'm more of a fan of Dawn of War and Company of Heroes where there's sync kills and soldiers diving for covers and such; the agents seem more alive..

in World in Conflict you just have units running up, stopping at a distance and shoot till one side is dead. Its not so bad when you're high up controlling the overall strategy, but its very boring to watch when you zoom-in.

It doesn't seem like a bad game, I'll probably play it mostly because my roommate will probably play too so we can do some LAN matches. the FX are very nice and it actually runs on Win2K.
  • EarthQuake
  • Hito
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    Where is Wold?
  • PfhorRunner
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    Personally I don't see people diving for cover in Dawn of War either. The only thing I see that Dawn of War offers over World in Conflict is more entertaining death animations. WiC throws you into the action instantly.

I think its completely outrageous to say that any other RTS DOESN'T play where they just sit there until the other team is dead. If this is the way you're playing WiC, you're doing it wrong. It takes skill to mico your helo's, tanks shouldn't just barge through things, and infantry is hard to maneuver without getting napalm all up your ass.

After a couple days of playing it, you'll realize just how intense this game is going to be strategy wise.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    After a couple days of playing it, you'll realize just how intense this game is going to be strategy wise

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn straight. I'm always on the mic, coordinating things with teammates. Otherwise, as you said, you might nape someone on your team (or worse!).

In the beta (before they had strike icons) I laid a 3x bunker buster bomb on a building. My team mate walked right by the building as it struck, and took him out blush.gif

Fun game laugh.gif