Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Characters

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
Here's two characters I've modeled in the past and I'm hoping to add them to my portfolio. Any crits on the modeling would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to also throw a normal map on them, so I need to redo their uv's and on the guy with the armor, I've removed the backpack and ammo pack thingys.

gunslinger2.jpg

gunslinger.jpg

Replies

• Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THe models are cool and all but they reak of gnomon dvds if you know what i mean and i think you do.
    hehe. Try to make the 2d model less gnomonny.
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    THe models are cool and all but they reak of gnomon dvds if you know what i mean and i think you do.
    hehe. Try to make the 2d model less gnomonny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree with bitmap on this one for sure.

I would just say, throw in your own quirks and stylization to the characters to make them more believable than a box modelled character. Try more rounded shapes and some cloth rinkles or so.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks!! yeah I am going through and texturing them and normal mapping some stuff as well. With your crits I also plan on going back and also making them not so obviously mirrored.

I also plan on a couple more characters in the next few weeks. I just need to get my uv unwrap skillz0rs down.