Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fishy Face!

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Its looking good! the hands dont have much life or expression and dont look like they are interacting with that pipe. Just a personal preference but I think the head is too big, about half that size would look more natural but maybe this character is meant to be really odd.=/
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    Vury nice. Wrist looks broked. But thats a small fix. Really nice piece.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Despite the obvious riggin/pose issues, the actual piece itself is adorable. It makes me wanna play McShit's Alice :P
  • Funky Bunnies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
    I really dig it, but ignoring the rigging, the arm details look pretty random and they don't seem to fit with the qualities of the face. I think you should tone down some of the high frequency action on them and pull in more of the type of stuff you've got in the face. Also, are you changing those clasp thingies at her hips or do they just not have normal maps yet?
    I assume the hands aren't finished yet, so the rest looks pretty fantastic. That face is totally badass.
  • Zephir62
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zephir62 polycounter lvl 12
    [ QUOTE ]
    She's got a really knobby elbow? I looked at it in max and it looks like i expect it to--what specifically looks off to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

You swapped the picture with a new one :P Looks like you fixed the rigging problem with the new one you uploaded.
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    this character is really bad ass but the arms look like you popped them off of an entirely different charcater,

you should take a stab at dialing the hands and face in so that look like the belong on the same charachter. Maybe try shrinking the head down, or scaling the hands up so she has some really big and long-ish hands that mimic some of the shapes on the head.

Overall this is a grade-A class act. (except for the arm/hands) your so close- keep going,
  • rasmus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha, love the concept!

Breasts look a bit floaty though, and the shoulderpuffs somehow don't seem to envelop the arms properly... Other than that, great smile.gif