Home General Discussion

NEW CAR

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
after my wreck last year in my Mazda rx-8 it has never been the same, little problems here and there, leading me to believe that it would soon die on me. also getting tired of paying out hte ass for gas. tonite i went and got me a 07 toyota prius pretty much maxed out with options. i'm loving it so far. this isnt mine but i don't have pics yet. 2006_Prius_20.jpg

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    I sat and held his hand for three hours at the dealership. I probably drank twenty cups of water while talking to Bob the dealer about F-1 racing. All in all, seems like sweet little robot. If you swallow the key, you become some sort of cyborg.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    when u find the transformer button for that spiffy invention of japanese talent, plz share. I was going to get one back in la, but every coffee drinkin, poem writin snob was in line ahead of me.. :\ texas doesn't believe in savin gas n money, so I'm sure their banned here thx to bushy.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Do they come with free "Gore was right" bumper stickers? laugh.gif

Eh.. already gave you a hard time about it on the irc, so, yah. tongue.gif
    Don't blame you for getting rid of the rx8, been in a somewhat similar situation before and it's definitely a relief to be free of a ride that makes you go "oh crap oh crap oh crap, what's gonna break NEXT?". Still.. you made sure to hand over your manhood on the way out the door, right? laugh.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats. I've been considering one of these next. i'm still not big on the looks, but my 25 mile drive to work (each way), has me wanting the best gas mileage I can get. Right now I have an '06 Jetta and it gets 28MPG, which is good, but if I could get almost twice as much, I'd be erect laugh.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I morn the passing of the rx-8.

Prius after a rx-8 huh? That has to be an adjustment in driving habits? They get good MPG because they randomly shut off causing you to push it. At least they made them light weight...

Honestly its a smart buy and they are pretty good cars. 2 people I know have a Prius and they love em. They did complain about horsepower at first and I would imagine that could be a shock going from an rx-8 to a Prius. I would be tempted to get a crotch rocket just to feel the wind in my hair =P

Ok I'm done pokin ya =P
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    yeah thats a huge jump from a sleek little sports car to the prius but gas is insane and having to worry about whats going to break next. Well thats never a good thing. I have a Nissan Pathfinder SUV and while it's nice for the family, gas kills me. Thank god I work from home...
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Like I told you on IM, my wife had to talk me into ours but I love it now. Congrats!
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    I like how this car is super quiet during electric mode.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    so what's the top speed on this bad boy? ever take it off any sweet jumps?
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    now you just need to get a big turbo, some neon and 4" exhaust pipes!

smile.gif grats on the new car too
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    What? You didn't get a Tesla Roadster?

TeslaRoadster1.jpg

jk. wink.gif Congrats.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    They'll have to pry the steering wheel from my cold, dead hands!

Picture007.jpg
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    so what's the top speed on this bad boy? ever take it off any sweet jumps?

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that you are joking but you would be surprised at how much power these cars actually have. Right after we bought ours my wife and I drove it from Portland down to SF to visit her family. I was blowing past people going through the mountains in southern Oregon / Northern California. The best part was blowing past a Hum-V as we went up a long, steep hill and waving as we passed. We also got an average of 45 mpg for the trip, with running the AC most of the time smile.gif
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    verm, i thought that also, but the x8 started giving me tons of mechanical problems
    airbag lights constantly showing error, not able to be reset by mechanics

trouble starting, even had to recently get a new battery cause it was not charging properly.

one of the wheel well covers fell off as i was driving

rattles all over the place.

sometimes the engine fan won't shut off and just runs forever and kills batterys

sometimes it would not shift, just redline and whine .

i had my fling with the x8 and it was mostly fun, but it got to the point where i got the feeling it was going to die soon, and i didnt want to be stuck with a dead car and a lot of bills

on the pluss side i've driven 50 miles so far and have not seen the gas level budge.

its got soooooo many crazy extras in it,, stuff ive never seen in a car. and i'm happy