Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

2D and 3D Artists needed for Shadowrun MMO Project

Greetings everyone! My name is Cristobal Lander, I'm currently the QA Manager of a project to bring the Shadowrun World to a MMORPG. We are currently looking for artists, both 2D and 3D. But first, a little backround on the Shadowrun IP and the nature of our project:

Shadowrun is originally a Pen and Paper RPG cyberpunk-ish game set in the not so distant future, around the year 2070. The game setting blends both magic and technology, as it follows the current world after a cataclysmic event that brings back magic, dragons, elves, orks, trolls, and every other feature usually associated with the fantasy genre.

For more information regarding Shadowrun, you can check the following links:
<ul type="square">[*]Official Shadowrun pnp RPG page
[*]Shadowrun Wiki Page
[/list]
That should be enough background info for those that are not familiar with the Shadowrun Universe.

Now, on to our project:

Shadowrun Awakened

Shadowrun Awakened is a Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game set in the Shadowrun Universe. We currently number around 20 people among programmers and artists. The project is open source and it is going to be absolutely free. No game to buy. No monthly fees. Our official website can be found here: Shadowrun Awakened

What are we looking for? We have a help wanted listing, however, I'll also include it here:

Creative Developers

We are currently looking for:
<ul type="square">[*]Creative writers: Will be part of our team responsible for mission content, game narrative, character dialogue, and for our website. Don't like how this help wanted ad is written? Then help us make it better!
[*]2D Artists: Will create concept and website artwork, including characters, vehicles, cityscapes and weapons. Will also aid in creation of textures for in-game characters, terrain, buildings and enemies.
[*]3D Modellers: Will bring our 2D concepts to 3D glory. Will also aid in creation of animations and in-game special effects.
[/list]
We also have a listing for Technology Developers (A.K.A. programmers) so if any of you is also well versed in programming, particularly C#, please check the help wanted listing, and drop us a line.

Compensation:
Sadly, we're in no position to offer any monetary compensation. Our license agreement with Microsoft states that the game must be non-commercial, as in, cannot be made for profit. Therefore, anyone who wants to join the project must be aware that there will be no monetary compensation. However, we can offer as much publicity to the artist as possible. If you check our current Concept Art page, you'll notice that with each piece of artwork we include the name of the artist and a link to his homepage, if any.

If any of you is interested, you are more than welcome to make a submission to our Assets Manager! If you have any further questions, you can either post them here and I'll try to answer them as thoroughly as possible, or you can take them directly with our Asset Manager.

Hope to hear from you guys soon! smile.gif