Home Technical Talk

Rendering in Max

Spoon_of_death
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
Ive been working with 3dsMax for a while now but never bothered to fiddle around some of the tools because that never seems to get me anywhere. Anyway, I have a few questions:

- How do I render my work with 'pixelated textures'? The viewport model always looks pretty sharp, but when I render it the texture seems to become very blurry.

- How do I render my work with self illuminated textures(At least, I think thats what its called...like as if there are no shadows on the model)

Thats it... (for now crazy.gif )

Replies

• MoP
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Turn off filtering on your bitmaps in the material editor to get the "pixelated" look (you can do this on a per-material basis in the Material Editor or I think you can globally turn off filtering textures in the Render options window somewhere.) Max help -> search for "filtering bitmap" if you need more info.

Self illuminated textures, you pretty much answered your own question there, just crank up the Self-Illumination value on the material. Again, Max Help -> search for "material self illumination" if you're not sure.
  • peppi
    Offline / Send Message
    peppi polycounter lvl 18
    - Go to the Render Scene Dialog, go to the Renderer tab, uncheck "Filter Maps".

- Setting your material to 100% self-illumination in the Material Editor should do the trick.

[edit]Damn you Blitz-MoP!![/edit]
  • Slum
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Well damn you both. I already made an image for it. hehe

stuff.jpg

The blue is taken from the material window, the red is from the bitmap properties.

Note there how I set the diffuse/ambient colors to white as well as the self illumination to 100%. Setting the colors to white will get rid of that ever-so-slight shadow you will see. You can do this by changing the Environment ambient color if you want it to apply to all objects in the scene. (press the 8 key to get to the Environment settings)
  • Spoon_of_death
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
    Awesome!! got it working wink.gif
    works.png
    Thanks for the help, all of you!!!