Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Demo Reel character - Girl

polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
Hey all,
Been lurking on here for quite some time, and posted a few times too, but havn't actualy posted anything I've made yet. Well graduation is coming up and I need to make a demo reel to show off what i've learned these past few years. As such I felt now would be as good a time as ever to start posting my work and getting feedback from the community. My good buddy Seforin has been trying to get me to post for ages.

Anyhow, the first of three characters I plan on including on my reel is at this point a rather loosly concepted girl. My primary goals with the model are to show off understanding of anatomy, cloth, and the ability to make some crazy hairstyles tongue.gif. Right now i'm at the beginning faze of just getting the anatomy down in the high poly sculpt before starting on clothes and such. The desired end result being a UE3 engine ready mesh using 2x1024 maps for normal/diffuse/spec.

Here are my current wip shots, critiques and comments welcome:

girlwip03nq6.jpggirlwip04gv7.jpg
girlwip02rv2.jpg
girlwip01hx6.jpg

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Nice sculpt so far. Could we see a 3/4 view of her whole body? might help to find any anatomy problems. It might just be the shader but those breasts look very well defined and solid as rock, almost as if they have been stuck on to the body and dont have mass of their own. Her arms look very muscular from the front but not from the back, maybe soften the forms a bit. The ankles and heels and toes look strangely formed but Im not sure what exactly is going on there.
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Delaney King polycounter lvl 18
    That lower back rocks my world- dimples! nice sculpting.
    Hey, dont forget about gravity though- she seems to be snapshotted rising from the ground!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    nice

legs are far too manly though. half the width they are now would look like a fit lady
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think she needs thinner ankles
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    breasts are far too solid, they look like bad implant jobs. Apply some gravity and pretend they're nice and supple, and it'll really help sell the realism of the character. The crease going down the center of the stomach/abs is too deep and harsh. Shoulders are defined too much relative to the rest of the body, like those muscles are tensed when they should be in a neutral state like everything else.

That said, the sculpt is looking great. Keep on keepin' on.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    well to add on, even though my anatomy isnt perfect , I noticed that her upper area looks a bit buff , well rather more a bit OVERLY toned for a woman? Just need to smooth out a bit near the upper arm meets booby area a bit (what I told you earlier) other than that, keep rocking this skulpt
  • culturedbum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    culturedbum polycounter lvl 17
    My only crit besides her Boobies being too round is that her thorax area is a too thin. maybe expanding it to the sides would help.
  • {scumworks}
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What culturedbum said. The boobs look like they where slam'd on her. Otherwise really nice model, I dig.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Just wanted to let everyone know this project isn't dead, just been in limbo for a while due to various circumstances.

I took many of the critiques into consideration and applied them, but sense then alot of her has been covered by clothes so errr...yea.. :-p

I'm essentialy just winging it with the design, throwing random things on her till I see something I like. The feet will be covered by something at some point too (so ignore their crappyness), but I havnt come up with a shoe/boot/etc. design that I like yet. Same with the hair (I've blocked in several designs but nothings stuck yet). Right now i'm working on the cloth folds and refining specific items (leg-strap and sash-thing).

Anyhow, enough talk, pics time:

girlwip06dc9.jpggirlwip05ij2.jpggirlwip07bo5.jpggirlwip08ej7.jpg
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    I think her neck is to thick; gives a manish look to the character.
  • Ancient-Pig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ancient-Pig polycounter lvl 18
    Mouth looks nice - I agree with the neck comment