Home Full time/Part time work

TimeGate Studios: Now Hiring Sr. Level Designer

sue
sue
TimeGate Studios, developer of the award-winning F.E.A.R.™ Extraction Point and Kohan series, is looking for a talented and driven Sr. Level Designer to work on its current line of next-generation products for major publishers. Projects in development include the Unreal Engine 3-powered Section 8, a team-based first-person shooter where elite powered-armor infantry wage war on epic sci-fi battelfields.

The Senior Level Designer is primarily responsible for creating and fleshing out levels under the direction of the Lead Designer. The Senior Level Designer will also assist and help manage the other Level Designers.

Responsibilites:

* Designing and producing entertaining gaming levels.
* Assisting other Level Designers in their daily duties.
* Reviewing game levels and insuring high standards of quality are maintained.
* Contributing sections to the design documentation and story documentation.
* Work closely with the Lead Designer during all phases of the production cycle.

Job Requirements:

* Must have at least 2+ years of level design experience on first-person-shooter games.
* Must have practical experience with at least 2+ different first-person-shooter editors.
* Must be an avid gamer with the desire to create top-notch games.
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.)
* Must be comfortable with at least one common bug/defect tracking tools (Bugzilla, Test Track, etc.).
* Specific experience with Lithtech and/or UnrealEd engine tools preferred.
* Knowledgeable in a variety of fantasy, science fiction, horror, and historical arenas is a plus!

What's in it for me?

TimeGate Studios offers a challenging work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. We are located in Sugar Land, Texas. Recently ranked as the third best place to live in the United States for 2006 by CNN/Money, residents of Sugar Land enjoy a high quality of life, low cost of living, low crime rate, exemplary public school systems, and no state income tax.

I'm sold! Where do I apply? ooo.gif

http://www.timegate.com/jobs.php

Please include a link to your demo reel