Home Full time/Part time work

TimeGate Studios: Now Hiring Technical Artist

sue
sue
TimeGate Studios, developer of the award-winning F.E.A.R.™ Extraction Point and Kohan series, is looking for a talented and driven Technical Artist to work on its current line of next-generation products for major publishers. Projects in development include the Unreal Engine 3-powered Section 8, a team-based first-person shooter where elite powered-armor infantry wage war on epic sci-fi battelfields.

The Technical Artist is a liaison between artists and programmers. This person must understand the relationship between art creation and the technical code. Must be able to demonstrate the most effective techniques for creating art that pushes the boundaries of existing and future hardware. The Technical Artist must also be able to generate art that demonstrates advanced capabilities of the engine and help to drive development of the engine to support more advanced art features.

Job Requirements:

* 2+ years of experience in computer generated art.
* 3DSMax experience.
* Strong understanding of modern 3D hardware as it relates to art production.
* Motivated and driven to face challenges.
* Ability to create art assets to demonstrate advanced techniques.
* Ability to communicate effectively with both artists and programmers.
* Experience with HLSL, CG, or GLSL shader programming preferred.
* Scripting language programming experience (MaxScript, MEL, etc.)preferred.

What's in if for me?

It’s not the high-caliber games that have made this studio what it is today – TimeGate recognizes that its most important asset is the team behind its award-winning projects. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits (dental, medical, 401k, paid holidays and vacations), a challenging and exciting work environment.

I'm sold! Where do I apply? ooo.gif

http://www.timegate.com/jobs.php

Please include a link to your demo reel