Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

barricade transformers

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ScubaSteve polycounter lvl 17
i really liked the car and no one has done the saleen s281. Just started on it. "wip" gonna add more polys to the car and starting on the rims...

ss05-1.jpg

ss06-1.jpg

ss07-1.jpg

Replies

• The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    i think ScubaSteve is Ladiesman214 wink.gif
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    ARE YOU LADIESMAN217?! ARE YOU LADIES MAN 217!!!!!!!

ladiesman.jpg
  • ScubaSteve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol yes.... i am
  • skullsplitter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skullsplitter polycounter lvl 18
    I found that scene quite intimidating, and thus succesful.
    (although a bit hilarious with the Ladiesman217-thing laugh.gif)
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    That part made me laugh really hard, cause i could imagine him screaming
    "QUIT POACHING MY AUCTIONS"
    and like smashing him
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i loved barricade in that movie. wish he didnt get his ass kicked so hard.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I wish they hadn't completely edited him out of the final fight scene.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    eddited out? i was under the impresion he was out after bumblebee stomped his ass, and it showed him just in a heap
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    [ QUOTE ]
    eddited out? i was under the impresion he was out after bumblebee stomped his ass, and it showed him just in a heap

[/ QUOTE ]

Optimus Prime was supposed to kick the shit out of him in the final battle (which explains why he and prime are both nowhere to be found for a while) but it got cut for some reason.

It's in the novelization of the movie, however (which I haven't read).
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you know why? cuz directors think that ppl don't wanna sit for 3hrs seeing a good movie!
    but i swear it, all indian movies are 2.5 to 3 hrs long, with a 10 minute intermission at the half-way point... we sit through that! if harry potter 5 were 30 minutes longer, who woulda' minded a longer fight scene? same with transformers? and countless other movies!
  • ScubaSteve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ss09.jpg

here is a quick update...yes i know the smoothing group arent done yet...and im still working on it...ya i wish the barricade scene was in there...it would of made it complete...but maybe they will bring him back in the second one..probaly not but any who rambing...
  • ScubaSteve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    had to some fixes to the body scale was off...

ss11.jpg

ss12.jpg
  • Darksun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darksun polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Optimus Prime was supposed to kick the shit out of him in the final battle (which explains why he and prime are both nowhere to be found for a while) but it got cut for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Aw man! That would have been SO much better.. they didn't show Optimus kicking enough ass at the end.. This scene had been be added back in for the DVD!
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    So... does he transform? or is this really just a car model?
  • ScubaSteve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    he is just car model...im gonna try to make him transform...i have never done something like that with animation so it be a challenge but its just a car for now...but its more then meets the eye...cough lol
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    more than meets the car *Cough*

haha, just kidding man, this is looking really nice, but if you plan on making him become a transformer itself, you are going to need to normal map this and making it alot lower poly than you already have, the ENTIRE model including transformation should be around what you have right now, possible another 1k more at most

But keep workin at this, its coming out AWESOME!
  • ScubaSteve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tweaked the body up a little and added police

ss-37.jpg

tell me what you think
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    [ QUOTE ]
    haha, just kidding man, this is looking really nice, but if you plan on making him become a transformer itself, you are going to need to normal map this and making it alot lower poly than you already have, the ENTIRE model including transformation should be around what you have right now, possible another 1k more at most

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you coming up with these magical numbers? He didn't say it was for a game, or any specific system/engine.

Next gen vehicles can easily have this many polys, especially if it were a character that would transform....he could have triple this polycount and the XBox 360 would thank him for it.

As far as the model goes, it isn't too bad. Smooth down the tire surface a little more so they aren't 100% flat. You can have them "pretty" flat, but never never make them 100% flat on any surface.

You have a lot of "crinkling" in the mesh that is breaking up the flow. Is it new? Abused? Poorly modeled? Work on smoothing it out and fixing a lot of the bent polygons. T-boned edges can cause this as well.

I would also suggest you work on your rendering / lighting. Not sure of this is Max or Maya, but right now everything is very flat. I might suggest also throwing in a very simple base spec map to get things on the right path.

Keep it up...now make it more badasser.
  • ScubaSteve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for comments.I am using max...thats not final lighting set up i definitely want something better lol the a spot and 2 omnis
  • ScubaSteve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ss-40.jpg

ss-39.jpg

here update what you think?
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    edited out of the final fight? from what i saw Prime stabbed Barricade through the head (i think) with his sword a few minutes before the downtown fight. it happens pretty quick . i was wondering what happened to him after the movie and so was my friend before someone reminded me that Prime took him down.

looking pretty pimp. love his "To punish and enslave..."
    also one of my fave movie figures (minus the lame extending arm)
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    snemmy that was bonecrusher
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    snemmy that was bonecrusher

[/ QUOTE ]