Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP: NOD light Infantry, Thrice revamped

Replies

• Electro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Electro polycounter lvl 18
    kickass DarthRaven, been following this one since you were modeling it based off predator waaaaaay back
    that's right I'M ONTO YOU wink.gif

Loving the colour and tone variations, this is really shaping up nicely. Maybe try and get some of those variantions on the white/chipped bits. For the most part I think it'd help if they were all darkened a bit so they're not superbright white.

Keep up the good work dude.
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    Glad to see I have "fans" smile.gif. Always encouraging to have someone not only like my work, but remember things I've done too smile.gif
    Anyway, I won't let that go to my head lol

The other day I kinda realized how much of an improvement it would make to darken the worn areas. I know people kept telling me to do that before, and I meant to go back and do that, but it always slipped my mind...I'll try and work on that...so with that being said, updates will be soon smile.gif Thanks again

I'd also like to take this time to do a shameless plug. Me and my coder are pretty much ready to start getting this beast going. If anyone is interested in working on a C&C TS based mod, please contact me via this thread or pm or the following
    AIM-ZeroX363
    E-mail- armorse@cfl.rr.com

I'm looking to create a FPS mod (probably on Battlefield 2142) based (but not solely stuck to the design of) on Tiberian Sun. I'm wanting to drift away from the classic RTS style of the C&C series and focus more on the war aspect of it. I'm wanting to put in a few key features and styles into it to hopefully make it unique, and not just a "model pack."
    (besides this I have a handful of models already made, ranging from new vehicles, revised vehicles, and TS style...oh, and the GDI soldier)

I'm determined to make and FINISH this mod, seeing as it's probably the last chance I have to make something and get my name out there before I'm already applying for jobs.
    So with THAT being said, I've also realized from previous modding experiences that I just can't accept help from anyone frown.gif. I'm looking for people with a few degrees around my level of texturing and 3D, and above. Besides those, I also need coders (I already have one coder), mappers, and possibly someone to help create and maintain a webpage (SQL and such)

Anyway, if you want more info, contact me smile.gif. Either way, this forum will definitely be hearing a bit more from me in a couple weeks wink.gif
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update again...larger renders, I also will link the same render on a grey background in case you cant see it

4.jpg
    http://www.solar-fissure.com/5.jpg
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    anyone know of a tutorial on how to export a player model for BF2142? having trouble with it (it's already rigged to the skeleton)
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    nice update, like the dirt on his boots smile.gif
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Try doing a levels layer on top of the texture and ramp up the darks to be lighter say 0, 1.25, 255, but if you can just do that to the none metal areas it would look best. Also the metal areas need one more pass of rust/grime. All the areas where you scratched it that needs to be rusted up. That way it reads as painted metal thats been scratched away and now is rusting.

Textures are all about telling a story of the things past. Rite now your almost here but not there yet.
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Appreciate the comments, and TheGodZero it's good to hear from you again smile.gif I'll take what you said and apply it to him, thank you
    Dejawolf, glad to see you like it too smile.gif

I'm in dire need of help. I might have to make a new thread for this in the appropriate forum, but does anyone know anything about modding 2142? I'm having problems exporting him and getting the right file types (I've got everything but the skinnedmesh file, which is the only filetype my coder can't just write himself). The only site that has any information that might help me, will be down for 4 days

I've had no luck at getting help from mods who have stuff in game (I'm actually kind of surprised at what little help has been offered, but I suppose some of them are just busy).

If anyone knows of any tools to use in 3D max to export and get this file type, I will love you forever...It's so depressing to see my guy animation from the animation files, be SO close to being in game, and yet not being able to do a damn thing about it frown.gif