Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

JackBandit's Models

I thought it was time I graduated to a new forum. One where more people posts work and offer more effective comments and critiques. Not so hot with textures, so excuse the textureless models.

All comments and critiques welcome.

<u>The Joker</u>
1980 Triangles

joker4rb6.png

joker5nu3.png

<u>Gambit</u>
2726 Triangles
2472 (Character) + 254 (Trenchcoat)

wip4bf1.png

wip5vp7.png

Replies

• ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ghost-d polycounter lvl 17
    Heeey! The second model - I have a toy like that with removable coat and hair. The colors and shape match, and so does the coat. Did you use that as a reference?

PS: I´d like to make everybody reading this post sure, that I DON´T play with the toys already (for week or two... smile.gif).
  • JackBandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I used pictures and memory for reference on Gambit. He's my favorite of all time X-men character.
  • JackBandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    <u>The Shredder</u>
    6500 Triangles
    Wasn't really aiming for too low poly when making this. Will probably revisit it soon to better optimize the mesh.

theshredderwireframelc5.png

theshredder7vd5.png

theshredder8rl3.png

theshredder6wayjp4.png
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Well it's clear you can use modeling tools, now you need to focus on texturing. Model something like a car or gun and texture it. Of those models you posted, the easiest one to texture it seems is Shredder, so if you want texture one of your characters I would do that one. Texturing is a pretty involved process and picking something that is to hard at the first go will just make you quit and feel bad. I suggest you try and texture a low poly model because it's easier to unwrap and that's a pain in the arse to learn all in itself.

Alex
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    The joker looks nice, but Gambit's face looks a bit odd, can you post a close up with and without wireframe? Right now his chin looks far too angular.

You might also want to think of modeling the arms in a 45 degree angle, instead of straight out. It allows you to sculpt more shoulder definition, and tends to deform better in the most average positions.

poop.gif
  • JackBandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the critiques, guys. I DO really need to get better texturing and will definitely practice on some smaller, less complicated things beforehand.

wip6oi3.png

wip7al4.png
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like he's sustained a rather nasty injury to his jaw.
    gambit_thumb.jpg
    Should be simple enough to fix - grab the jaw and ear verts and pull them towards the back of the head.
  • JackBandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    <u>Starscream</u>
    4214 Triangles

I could knock out about 1600 triangles from the hands, if I need to, but I wanted them to be seperate joints for this. I'll post a clip of it transforming later.

starscreamrender9wg7.png

starscreamrender10tn4.png

starscreamrender11vf5.png

starscreamrender12te5.png
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    With Gambits neck and jawline keep in mind the jaw doesn't fold back on itself that extreme. It rather slopes down instead of cutting back at a sharp angle. Gnomon has some really good DVDs on facial modeling. It's made more for high res but you can tune it down for less pretty easily. It teaches some really good edge flow techniques.
  • JackBandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    <u>Asajj Ventress</u>
    2266 Triangles

asajj4ax1.png