Home General Discussion

The 4400

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
notman polycounter lvl 18
I don't think I've seen this show referenced before, but I've been a fan of it since the first season and I find it to be a good summer fill in while waiting for Heroes and Lost to return.
Anyone else here a viewer of the show? The plot has split in many directions this season and it's really starting to pick up IMO. It has a very X-Men-esque feel to it (as many new sci-fi shows do).

Replies

• Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Season one and two were pretty good, but season three was utterly deplorable. Has the new one done anything to get away from it's wretched 'supergirl vs a christ analog in a fight for the future' storyline?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    For now... sort of. I know what you're getting at. Isabelle has no power now. Supposedly the promicin (sp?) will cause a reaction in her that would kill her, so she can't regain her power. They proved it to her by spraying it into a sample of her blood, and it turned black. My prediction is it was just a trick to keep her from trying.

Shawn is back and healing the world, but the government is trying to stop him by deeming it illegal to use your powers.

Jordon Collier is still being treated as a god/mesiah, but they are starting to reveal more about his powers now. There is a group of people who believe his is a mesiah and they are going to end up being led by Isabelle and Kyle (who has now taken promicin).

I also thought last season was sort of a dud, but I'm really liking this season so far. I wasn't crazy about last night's episode. Again, another show obsessing with sex. Diana's (the agent) sister took promicin at the end of last season and now she has the ability of make people unable to lie to her. Apparently, she can only prove this ability by asking people about their sex life. It got really stupid from that aspect (and annoying, when my kids were in the room eating dinner).