Home General Discussion

DHSS dubbed woman a 'Malingering Parasite'

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
A woman here on the Isle of Man was sent a letter from the DHSS (Social Security Office) in which she was called a parasite and accused of drug abuse!

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news?articleid=3009642

I can understand that officers get frustrated with individuals who are clearly milking the system... but this is a nightmare. I can remember having trouble at my local social security office in the UK when I was a student, particularly in the summer holiday period.

Anyone else have any DHSS (DSS) horror stories?

Replies

• danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    ah, the good old DSS. First they lose the H, next they'll be losing the D ...
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankie polycounter lvl 19
    Do you think she was a drug abusing benefit parasite?
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Well, she *WAS* from the Isle of Man
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    The letter stated: 'Due to new budgetary constraints we are no longer able to fund malingering parasites such as yourself. There are far more important things for the DHSS to spend money on rather than street drugs and cheap cider.

'Such as people in genuine need and those who require medicines available only through prescriptions, rather than from a dodgy geezer hiding in a back alley.'

i laughed so hard !
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I wonder if the letter is right, and they're only apologizing to avoid bad press.
  • warby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
    isle of men ???? wtf someone care to explain ?
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Well, she *WAS* from the Isle of Man

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... Our government's tourism and marketing department obviously not doing it's job then... frown.gif

I don't know whether there's any truth in the body of the letter - we'll have to wait and see.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You love men? Ok, I'll explain it - this means you are a homosexual. Don't allow society to treat you any differently.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Isle of Man is an island (isle) in the center of the British Isles, which is called "Isle of Man".
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Isle of Man is an island (isle) in the center of the British Isles, which is called "Isle of Man".

[/ QUOTE ]

Which also has no speed limits on it's open roadways. (You just knew I was going to chime in with that bit of info. tongue.gif )
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    You know, after all that Isle of Men thingy here @ PC, and this post... I *just* got the "I Love Men" joke.

Wow..

[DUMB]
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You love men? Ok, I'll explain it - this means you are a homosexual. Don't allow society to treat you any differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't allow society to treat him any differently THAN a homosexual, or for BEING a homosexual?

just wanna get all my bases covered before i start hitting gay people..
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    'Hitting', or 'hitting on'?
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh snap! No you didn't!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Isle of man is an island situated in the center of london, in the Thames river.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    [ QUOTE ]
    'Hitting', or 'hitting on'?

[/ QUOTE ]

is that the same difference as beating on, and beating off?
  • Penzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which also has no speed limits on it's open roadways. (You just knew I was going to chime in with that bit of info. tongue.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, was just going to say they film a lot of Top Gear episodes there if anyone else watches the show. For some reason, I thought it was actually called the isle of Mhan, or Mann, or some other spelling and I don't know why...
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    who doesn't watch top gear? i was one of the guys who thougt Clarkson should be prime minister... then we'd have no problems with people ripping of the DHSS.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I was on the dole for a fair bit of time after graduating. its not fun believe me and at least i did something productive with my time.
    its easy to sneer at those who are less fortunate than yourselves, but the longer you are unemployed, the more it hits your confidence.It's a bit of a vicious circle.
    The careers and job advice offered by the dss is laughable and the government brought in private companies to basically intimidate folks. I had to go through that shit and its no fun.
    I was actually told by this dick that the reason i could n't get a job in 3d was that i didn't own a mac:)
    Talking about ripping of the dss , its landlords in my experience that are the worst offenders ie claiming council tax benefit/housing benefit whilst renting out to tenants.
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    I was on the dole for a fair bit of time after graduating. its not fun believe me and at least i did something productive with my time.
    its easy to sneer at those who are less fortunate than yourselves, but the longer you are unemployed, the more it hits your confidence.It's a bit of a vicious circle.
    The careers and job advice offered by the dss is laughable and the government brought in private companies to basically intimidate folks. I had to go through that shit and its no fun.
    I was actually told by this dick that the reason i could n't get a job in 3d was that i didn't own a mac:)
    Talking about ripping of the dss , its landlords in my experience that are the worst offenders ie claiming council tax benefit/housing benefit whilst renting out to tenants.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more about the private landlords. Most of the ones I dealt with were scamming in one way or another..

almighty_gir: Clarkson has a home over here. A lighthouse actually. Plus, his wife is Manx (Island born).
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Plus, his wife is Manx (Island born).

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope she removed the self-destruct device Cameron had implanted
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Clarkson for prime minister?
    He's a funny, clever bloke, but he's also a complete racist, uncaring idiot sometimes.

Can you imagine him in parliament? Ending with "... so we built a wall around the UK, .... 20 meters high"

I was on welfare for 3 years and had to put up with DHSS. Actually I was on "job seekers allowance" but didn't have to seek a job because I was at college. They were still mean to me once a fortnight though.

Fuck knows how I managed to live on 28 quid a week.
  • Penzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Can you imagine him in parliament? Ending with "... so we built a wall around the UK, .... 20 meters high"

[/ QUOTE ]

After eliminating the bus lane, that would be next on his list I'm sure. Now I want the next season to start frown.gif